Outdoor Grills

Bevo

I have a Kitchen Aid outdoor grill that looks great from the outside, but the inside has seen better days. Are there any refurb kits? 4 years seems like a short lifespan especially when it is under cover and looks good externally.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

I have a Kitchen Aid outdoor grill that looks great from the outside, but the inside has seen better days. Are there any refurb kits? 4 years seems like a short lifespan especially when it is under cover and looks good externally.

Not sure about KitchenAid, but Weber has all of the replacement parts online.  Weber parts are easy to swap out.  Just use the google.

I would look for oem parts or at least parts of good quality.  Much of the stuff on Amazon is cheap and won't last very long.

1 hour ago, Jerry Callo said:

Not sure about KitchenAid, but Weber has all of the replacement parts online.  Weber parts are easy to swap out.  Just use the google.

I would look for oem parts or at least parts of good quality.  Much of the stuff on Amazon is cheap and won't last very long.

Thanks. How long do Webers last before having to replace burners and drip plates? Just curious what the lifespan is of quality outdoor grills.

We've had this Kitchenaid since ~2009 and it's still in great shape. Under a covered patio and it's AZ so it never sees wet. Is really well built, heavy gage metal, valves still feel tight. Only thing that has broken is the metal mesh above the sear burner, but we never use it, so it's a non-issue.

I'd try contacting KitchenAid for parts first.

kitchenaidgrill.thumb.jpg.df6dac95a70586de38b059a1e24eb17f.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks. How long do Webers last before having to replace burners and drip plates? Just curious what the lifespan is of quality outdoor grills.
I've had my Weber since 2001. Have never replaced the burners, but have had to do the regulator and flavorizer bars.
  • Like 1

On 6/13/2023 at 2:11 AM, Sam Lin said:

We've had this Kitchenaid since ~2009 and it's still in great shape. Under a covered patio and it's AZ so it never sees wet. Is really well built, heavy gage metal, valves still feel tight. Only thing that has broken is the metal mesh above the sear burner, but we never use it, so it's a non-issue.

I'd try contacting KitchenAid for parts first.

kitchenaidgrill.thumb.jpg.df6dac95a70586de38b059a1e24eb17f.jpg

That thing looks like it was made for a family of 50.

I'll probably wait until after the 4th for the project. I guess the first step is to just clean up the inside because it needs it and so I can see how everything connects together. Hopefully, nothing breaks when taking it apart in a way where the new part can't be installed. Nothing is more frustrating than replacing working parts and screwing something up in the process.