Dallas Hotel Recommendations

Frieda’s Boss

My wife and kids (no pics) are heading to Dallas area for a long weekend. My son will be busy so my wife and daughter are gonna do the touristy stuff. Where would be the best area/place for them to stay from a safety and convenience standpoint?  Would also consider AirBnB/VRBO if that’s better

Thanks

“Dallas area” covers a lot of ground. 

We are in downtown a lot. Stay at The Westin. Their corner suites are really freakin’ nice. 

Also, the Statler building is great with a ton of amenities. It’s a Hyatt.

Also has residences there. We are considering moving in there within the next 2 years. 

• Hook 'Em 1

If you want to stay downtown central you have a few options. I’ve stayed at all of these over the years.

Crescent is very nice and quite. Pricey but worth it.
Hall hotel - nice upscale place
Kimpton - cool hotel. Street racing at night kept us up all night. Not sure if Dallas PD has curbed that but it was enough I haven’t gone back
Midtown Marriott. Best bang for your buck. New, clean big rooms, great staff.
Stoneleigh. Historic hotel. Hipsters frequent it now. Proceed w caution.
Highland hotel on 75. Not bad. Haven’t been in years though.
Ritz. You can go to the bar and pick up a hooker or get propositioned by swingers if that’s your thing.

The new Swexan in Harwood district just opened today. Looks awesome.

• Hook 'Em 1

“Dallas area” covers a lot of ground. 

We are in downtown a lot. Stay at The Westin. Their corner suites are really freakin’ nice. 

Also, the Statler building is great with a ton of amenities. It’s a Hyatt.

Also has residences there. We are considering moving in there within the next 2 years. 

Stayed at The Statler for Old 97s county fair a couple of times. As a Mid Mod fan we really enjoyed it. For a little less expensive options in that area we like The Indigo on the other side of The Garden Park and The Magnolia at Pegasus Plaza.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Ok, I have to ask--what is the "touristy stuff" that they're going to do in Dallas?

Most of the recs have been very Downtown oriented.  But if the touristy stuff that they're going to do is Six Flags and a Rangers game and the Fort Worth Stockyards, then that's not a great option.  

But if the touristy stuff is the Perot Museum and the Sixth Floor Museum and the Bush Library, then I might go with the W in Victory.  It's a short walk to the Perot, and it's about a block from a DART rail station, which will get you to the Sixth Floor Museum and the Bush Library.

15 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

Ok, I have to ask--what is the "touristy stuff" that they're going to do in Dallas?

Most of the recs have been very Downtown oriented.  But if the touristy stuff that they're going to do is Six Flags and a Rangers game and the Fort Worth Stockyards, then that's not a great option.  

But if the touristy stuff is the Perot Museum and the Sixth Floor Museum and the Bush Library, then I might go with the W in Victory.  It's a short walk to the Perot, and it's about a block from a DART rail station, which will get you to the Sixth Floor Museum and the Bush Library.

6th floor museum, bush library and I think the arboretum are on the list.  Definitely no Six Flags or Rangers.