Current UT visiting scholar used pen name to write for alt-right websites; now uses real name to do the same thing

Pancho

Not sure where to put this but Jeffrey Toobin (CNN analyst, lawyer, author, etc.) is coming to UT in two weeks.  Speaking about his new book "Homegrown" about domestic terrorism of a certain variety from McVeigh/OKC to 1/6 and present.  Well, guess what?  due to some external threats by the very people he's warning us about...event had to be moved.  Way to go Texas!  

30 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

He could just do it on Zoom...

Yeah, book signings and booze-heavy receptions designed to get people to donate money to the Briscoe Center are kinda hard to do on Zoom.

It was moved to LBJ auditorium.  Under the guise of "attendance overflow"  I'm guessing it's because there's more security there and guess what happens when you commit a hate crime in a federal building versus a state building?  

Got it.  Well played.  Completely forgot about that.  so many zoom stories that first year or two of Covid, I can't keep my memories straight.  Plus, I try not to catalogue embarrassing jerk-off stories about others, lest it happen to me.  I fell asleep during one awhile back and my wife still gives me shit about it.  

I just signed up for another one next week about our school district and now you've planted that Toobin story in my head asshole.