La Liga 2023-2024

WBT

Ok anyone else on here spend time in Spain? I can't find a single goddamn game on any standard cable package or on air. Every bar has it though. I can't get ESPN to believe my VPN/fake gps is really on Dallas or Atlanta even though Hulu is fine with it. Whenever I ask someone, they tell me to go to a bar, it's free. 

It's been a long while since I've been but I remember the hotel tvs never having any of the games.  You had to go to bars to watch like you said.  I watched the 2010 5-0 El Clasico at an outdoor bar in the Placa de Font in Tarragona and that kind of cemented me as a Barca fan.

db057d4035a60cc7002da0232c93f4c0593c74f0

The channel is literally "bartv", not available on home cable. Coming home next week but I've been in Costa sol for the last 10 days and everyone here has skytv...so at least I can watch England pee on Malta. 

Edited by beer

• 1 month later...
Barca is playing at Barbastro in the Copa del Rey in what would fit in as a 4A Texas HS stadium, capacity 5000.
image.thumb.png.bf9c62dd82fc210fff51a0f27b3d5fe8.png

These are always funny; the big fish always travel in these early round matchups.

Madrid posted the Arandina team response to drawing Madrid a couple of weeks back. They were in a community center or something like that and everyone went crazy celebrating drawing Real Madrid to their town/stadium of 6,000.

I do love these rounds of Copa del Rey.

Also Super Copa starts this midweek. Madrid plays Atleti and Barca faces Osasuna
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 1/7/2024 at 4:30 PM, Speedtrucker said:

These are always funny; the big fish always travel in these early round matchups.

Madrid posted the Arandina team response to drawing Madrid a couple of weeks back. They were in a community center or something like

that and everyone went crazy celebrating drawing Real Madrid to their town/stadium of 6,000.

I do love these rounds of Copa del Rey.

Also Super Copa starts this midweek. Madrid plays Atleti and Barca faces Osasuna

The camera angles were less than optimal because there wasn't a high enough place for the cameras!

Madrid v Madrid not disappointing pre half

Lol goofiest goals for both Madrid and Atleti, Kepa made a mess of his but I thought it shoulda been disallowed but I’m a homer.

I did giggle quite a bit when Brahim Diaz out paced Oblak after spotting him a 10 yard lead for that open net goal.

Looks like it’s setting up for another El Clasico

• Hook 'Em 1

Kind of sucks that this Saudi bullshit is on ABC but the home stadiums are always relegated to +

Girona were lucky to escape with the scoreless draw this morning.  It seems like RM is finally about to reel them in

Edited by WBT

Almost didn't watch Almeria v. RMA. 43 minutes in and the worst team in LaLiga at the moment is leading 2-0. 
And in Madrid

Craziest game of the new year. Sleep walking will do that to you.

Almost shit myself when Bellingham barely missed that bicycle kick
  • Drool 1

Craziest game of the new year. Sleep walking will do that to you.

Almost shit myself when Bellingham barely missed that bicycle kick

That was amazing, it went from highs and lows. As a Madridista that was a hilarious finish of extra time

Barca will be kicking themselves for way too many wasted chances

3 minutes ago, Speedtrucker said:

That was amazing, it went from highs and lows. As a Madridista that was a hilarious finish of extra time

Barca will be kicking themselves for way too many wasted chances

Damn, aaaand...Xavi announced he's leaving at the end of the season! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well Well, anybody else watching the stomach acid generating Copa semi? Sociedad vs. Mallorca.. Came down to one blocked PK well after midnight. Congrats Mallorca. 

Edited by beer

lol and the ref blows his whistle right as Madrid crosses the ball into the box and scores.

Wow that was amazing, Madrid gets a red after the final whistle. They were livid he blew the whistle as the cross was coming in

Bellingham gets the red, he scored what woulda been the game winner

Just came here to say what the fucking fuck was that ending. Ref called game over with the ball flying into the back of the net. Not that I'm a huge fan, but fuuuuuuuck you can't do that. 

And no. There's no racism in Spain. They appealed his red card that only Bellingham received. On appeal. The uppity player now gets a 2 game suspension. Not that there weren't a dozen players and the coach all screaming the same thing. He alone was punished.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
It is considered a double jeopardy.   

“The so-called double jeopardy rule has been introduced in recent seasons to prevent the same offense being punished by a penalty and a sending off”

I didn’t watch the game, I thought double jeopardy was only when it was the keeper who committed the foul in the box.

But then I don’t know all the rules all the time
  • Hook 'Em 1

From the NCAA, but similar in other leagues.

“The NCAA Playing Rules Oversight Panel on Monday approved a modification to the double jeopardy portion of the penalty for denying an obvious goal-scoring opportunity.

The panel, which met via conference call, supported the new rule that gives the referee discretion to issue a yellow card (caution) when a defender makes a legitimate attempt to play the ball when denying an obvious goal-scoring opportunity and commits a direct free kick offense in the penalty area. The awarding of a penalty kick remains a part of the rule.

Previously, when a defender committed a foul while denying an obvious scoring opportunity, a penalty kick was awarded and the official issued a red card to immediately eject the player who committed the foul.”

• Hook 'Em 1