Recovering hacked FB account

Baboontyme

Asking for my wife, and regrettably. I hate FB and have never had an account so I don't really have any knowledge here. Someone got her pw and changed all of the contact info. She tried to go through the channels to say she was hacked and got into an endless loop of dual authentication checks that are probably going to someone else and eventually got the reset process locked for too many attempts. I was able to locate a form that we filled out and submitted with a picture of her DL and all of the other information. My thought would be that a real person from support will actually see that at some point and step in to remediate but I really don't know what kind of company FB is. Has anyone successfully recovered a hacked account? Or is it just gone at this point and we will never hear from them?

Good luck with it. This happened to my uncle a few years ago and he never got it back. Facebook has almost a non existent customer service that will help. He even went the route of paying some entity who claimed they could get it back with a high success rate and they failed. Once someone gains complete control and locks you out, it's very hard to do anything about it unfortunately. My uncle tried to show them everything as you mentioned to show this was his account and whomever had control were hackers. Their end game was he had a business page attached and did something with that. 

A few years ago, someone posted one of those bullshit spam weight loss posts where they tag a bunch of your friends. I completely locked mine down after. Changed password, turned on 2FA and changed my password of my email account. If they posted from my account, that means they gained access but luckily they didn't completely lock me out since I acted fast enough. 

I forgot my password and don’t have access to the email address it was started with. Never got anything about updating any of the security stuff because of that.

Supposedly what you did will work according to Reddit. I haven’t tried it yet, but there is a instagram account that claims to be able to hack into your stuff and recover it for you. It’s Kismet Tech. Not sure how legit it is.

• Like 1

I think she got it back. Last night around 12:30 the recovery email that we submitted in the form received a message with a recovery key. She was able to use it and go back in, answer a bunch of questions and set up a new password, phone, secondary email etc. I told her to enable 2FA assuming it's available and also to set up a trusted account with her sister or mom as mentioned above. Thanks all. 

• Like 1

How are these hacks happening? Is someone clicking on a link by accident or what? I feel like I have lots of people on my friends list who have their accounts hacked

How are these hacks happening? Is someone clicking on a link by accident or what? I feel like I have lots of people on my friends list who have their accounts hacked

4 hours ago, iodeac said:

were you hacked?  reply 3 times if yes

• Haha 1