PSA: 30 Sept., Kansas @ Texas-2:30p (ABC)

YGIFS

We should be Top 3-5.  Good chance Kansas could come in here ranked in 1 or more polls.  They're sitting around number 30 right now, but take care of business at home against a solid BYU team with numerous teams just ahead of them facing tough games this weekend, they could certainly move up a bit.  ABC's got it.  Should be fun.

Only bad news.  10-15 day forecast has high that Saturday near 95 and sunny.  Could obviously change.  But that'd make for a toasty kickoff, nothing like Rice and no cool drone show.  

Let's kick the shit outta the the Bears in their stadium that doubles as both a toilet and rape crime scene.  Then plan the next Surly tailgate accordingly!

2 hours ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Good for KU to make it out of the "obligatory LHN game" status.

Likely only because there is only one LHN game this year and it was not a Big 12 game.  I still wonder what happened there as I thought it was contractual that we had to give LHN one OOC and one Big 12 game a year.

25 minutes ago, Hozz said:

Likely only because there is only one LHN game this year and it was not a Big 12 game.  I still wonder what happened there as I thought it was contractual that we had to give LHN one OOC and one Big 12 game a year.

I'm pretty sure the Kansas game would have been on LHN if LHN was going to continue as an ongoing concern.  My guess is that everyone agreed to end it with just the one game this year and play all of Texas' last year of Big 12 games on ABC/ESPN (other than any that end up on Fox obviously).

51 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

I'm pretty sure the Kansas game would have been on LHN if LHN was going to continue as an ongoing concern.  My guess is that everyone agreed to end it with just the one game this year and play all of Texas' last year of Big 12 games on ABC/ESPN (other than any that end up on Fox obviously).

There hasn't been a conference game on LHN since 2019 (Kansas). That stopped when Texas, Kansas, and Iowa State stopped being so bad as to relegate Texas vs KU/ISU to Tier 3 inventory.