The Challenge Season 39: Battle For A New Champion

shadow_operative

14 hours ago, Teryor said:

Bummed Nurys couldn't pull it out, unfortunately obvious it'd be Emanuel. At least Berna got exactly what she deserved (nothing)

Watching 5 camera angles of people just doing puzzles is brutal, just not fun or compelling 

Yea that final was kinda weird, I wanted to ff through most because I couldn't stand seeing them fumble through puzzles and all the edits made it confusing how long they were spending. 

They definitely chose events that are less physical and more mental.  My guess is because they keep trending toward women vs. men and trying to make it fair.  But I don't think it will ever be fair. 

It was basically 4 women vs. Emanuel last night lol.  Cory got slowed up by some dumb embarrassing shit.  The women would have to be in peak peak condition to run head to head against any of the top guys like a fit Emanuel.  The only hope for them last night was to have a huge lead with puzzles.

Go back to a balanced guy+girl team format, at least in the end like ride or dies when Tori/Devin won.  (one exception was poor Jordan teamed with aneesa). 

Worst finals lineup overall.  Nurys and Emanuel were the only deserving. 

This season's format had a little too much luck, draws, etc to decide the final group.  

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, Teryor said:

Bummed Nurys couldn't pull it out, unfortunately obvious it'd be Emanuel. At least Berna got exactly what she deserved (nothing)

Watching 5 camera angles of people just doing puzzles is brutal, just not fun or compelling 

A shark doing a Free Willy jump across/over that final platform and eating her woulda been better, imo

I agree with this.

The opening swim was definitely not 2,000 meters. If I had to guess, they dropped an extra zero to make it look more extreme. A 2,000-meter swim is 20 back-and-forth laps in an Olympic-sized pool. Nurys would’ve been 30 minutes behind everyone if that were the real distance. That’s coming from someone who loves Nurys. 

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

A shark doing a Free Willy jump across/over that final platform and eating her woulda been better, imo

lmao. Why does she fuking complain so much and have excuses for everything.  Not just during the events, but in the confessionals.  Stop, Berna. "Hey, keep it in the circus?" / deucebigalow

Edited by utxmike05

5 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

swimming 2,000 meters is insane, and none of the competitors would have been able to even walk after swimming that distance, forget finishing a final. in fact it would have taken them hours to finish it. we probably would have lost 2-3 people just on that alone.

Yea that was bullshit, that's 1.25 miles.  It wouldn't even be safe to allow them to do that with everything they had already been through and have to do after.  The final didn't make a lot of sense...didn't flow well.  Was there even a penalty for timing out at that triangle puzzle (before the final obstacle course).  

what’s more entertaining?

A: landon, derrick, CT, brad, mark, wes, frank, zach etc all getting hammered, wrestling each other, fighting each other, confronting one another, and then going extremely hard on daily challenges that are physical in nature…

PLUS, nany, camila, theresa, jasmine, laurel, paula, katie, coral, and cara spending entire seasons plotting, scheming, lying on each other, steadily building animosity before multiple, inevitable physical confrontations occur

as well as a shit ton of drunken hook ups

or

B: a bunch of soft ass, hypersensitive Gen Z snowflakes, all of whom are playing for “representation” because they are black, or gay, or “autistic”, or trans, or whatever the hell it is, all spending the entire season hiding behind 3-4 other players, avoiding conflict, avoiding confrontation, doing fucking puzzles and other non-physical challenges where the players never put their hands in one another. 

MTV- what did you do to this show?

Edited by shadow_operative

they used to just throw some balls into a mud pit or a shallow pool at the bottom of a soapy waterslide and then tell them to go all lord of the flies on each other for the balls. now it’s like, “stand on a platform over the water and do a puzzle while your opponent does the same thing on a separate platform”. like, how did we get here?

Edited by shadow_operative

11 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

they used to just throw some balls into a mud pit or a shallow pool at the bottom of a soapy waterslide and then tell them to go all lord of the flies on each other for the balls. now it’s like, “stand on a platform over the water and do a puzzle while your opponent does the same thing on a separate platform”. like, how did we get here?

You can't overestimate how much the single gender-neutral champion aspect weakened this season. They went super heavy on puzzles to eliminate the physical differences. In the end a guy still won it.

I'm pretty sure Bananas said he flat out told production he won't do Hall Brawl, others have echoed that. So last season we got the two story "Hall Push" thing instead where Ravyn lost here shoe.  

Also insurance...

Just to wrap up the season:

1. I need Jay and Michelle to come back about as much as I need Aneesa to come back.

2. Big T and Melissa have gotten more annoying as seasons go on.

3. Olivia may have had the single biggest drop in likability/marketability in one season ever. Don't need her back either.

4. Moriah is going to be good for one solid (but dumb) showmance a season. Early-stage Nani vibes.

5. Horacio needs to find some clue of a social game.

6. Nurys should be on every season for the next 6-8 years.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

On 2/22/2024 at 9:26 PM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

I still think insurance. 

Olivia nearly cracking her skull open and possibly losing her eye still blows my mind lol.   Feels like they slacked on some close calls and then we're forced to reign in the risk

On 2/22/2024 at 10:28 AM, Chips O'Toole said:

Nurys, Horacio and Emmanuel are the only ones that should be invited back for the next OG season. So of course we'll get Jay, Michelle, Big T and Melissa, and Corey for the next one. Oh and that blowup doll Moriah. 

Feel like Kyland should come back.  Him trying to rally an opposing alliance almost worked.  Colleen and Olivia fucked it up but it kept end of the season modestly interesting. 

• Hook 'Em 1