Hollywood

My wife and I are taking our oldest to Pelican Hill for her birthday. We want to go to Hollywood tomorrow to dick around and do touristy shit. I know SoCal fairly well, but does anyone have suggestions for a good casual restaurant somewhere near Sunset, and good route through Hollywood/Beverly Hills to drive around and see homes?  We will probably be heading to Newport in late afternoon on the PCH through Malibu. 

Yeah we’ll do those for sure. I just would rather not be stuck in traffic and was wondering if there was a good route. I also haven’t been to Hollywood since New Year’s Eve ‘10 and really don’t know where to eat with a 10 year old gal. 

My wife and I are taking our oldest to Pelican Hill for her birthday. We want to go to Hollywood tomorrow to dick around and do touristy shit. I know SoCal fairly well, but does anyone have suggestions for a good casual restaurant somewhere near Sunset, and good route through Hollywood/Beverly Hills to drive around and see homes?  We will probably be heading to Newport in late afternoon on the PCH through Malibu. 

???

Malibu is way north of Hollywood. Newport is 50+ miles south

For a casual restaurant I like Chin Chin on sunset at sunset plaza. But I love Nate N Al in Beverly Hills. Very old, classic BH

Edit: doh Driving out sunset all the way to Malibu. I get it.

Do Nate N Al. 90% chance of a celebrity sighting. Won’t break the bank

2 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

???

Malibu is way north of Hollywood. Newport is 50+ miles south

For a casual restaurant I like Chin Chin on sunset at sunset plaza. But I love Nate N Al in Beverly Hills. Very old, classic BH

Yeah, we will be driving all around. Matriculate north thru afternoon and head south.