Dallas Cowboys vs Washington

Augustus

17 hours ago, deadshank said:

This aged well

Did it?  Bland is having a fantastic run and deserves all the attention and accolades he's getting right now.  His closing speed and ball skills are at the elite level, so I get the comment.  And taking one back with 3-4 minutes to go up 4 TDs isn't super impactful to the game, but it's still an extraordinary achievement.  

All of that written, yesterday wasn't his best day.  9 catches on 12 targets vs Bland yesterday, 5 for first downs.  The defense bowed up and made some plays in the 2nd half, including the pick six but for much of the game the Commanders pretty much moved the ball at will.  Again, as bad clubs usually do, Washington found a way to shoot themselves in the proverbial feet, mainly by not being able to functionally pick up a yard (more about having shitty play calls for those 2 4th downs).  If they could have, this would have been a last 5 minute type of game.  Back to Bland, all the metrics show he's a good corner, but not super sticky and can be thrown on.  Obviously, risk vs reward for those QBs because of those elite ball skills he's shown.  A lot like Diggs a couple of years ago.

We finally get out of playing the shitastic part of our schedule.  I'm interested in how the defense holds up against the Philly, Buffalo's and Miami's of the league.

1 hour ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Did it?  Bland is having a fantastic run and deserves all the attention and accolades he's getting right now.  His closing speed and ball skills are at the elite level, so I get the comment.  And taking one back with 3-4 minutes to go up 4 TDs isn't super impactful to the game, but it's still an extraordinary achievement.  

All of that written, yesterday wasn't his best day.  9 catches on 12 targets vs Bland yesterday, 5 for first downs.  The defense bowed up and made some plays in the 2nd half, including the pick six but for much of the game the Commanders pretty much moved the ball at will.  Again, as bad clubs usually do, Washington found a way to shoot themselves in the proverbial feet, mainly by not being able to functionally pick up a yard (more about having shitty play calls for those 2 4th downs).  If they could have, this would have been a last 5 minute type of game.  Back to Bland, all the metrics show he's a good corner, but not super sticky and can be thrown on.  Obviously, risk vs reward for those QBs because of those elite ball skills he's shown.  A lot like Diggs a couple of years ago.

We finally get out of playing the shitastic part of our schedule.  I'm interested in how the defense holds up against the Philly, Buffalo's and Miami's of the league.

Dude.  Just jerking your chain.  

7 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

And how much of that was Dallas playing a lot of zone and Bkand was the nearest defender???? Because that happened a lot.  

16 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

And how much of that was Dallas playing a lot of zone and Bkand was the nearest defender???? Because that happened a lot.  

Yea, that's fair.  So the 9-12 was a blogging the boys analyst.  I went back and watched it and in the time it mattered, I saw 8-11 (overall) with 5 first downs let up specifically in man.  2 of those put them in scoring position.  One of those drives they would go on to score a TD where Samuel caught a slant in front of him which got down to the 1 yard line.  Now that was a zone concept (looked like a zone blitz with DLaw in coverage) so it counts against him but I didn't count as giving up a first down although that's being lenient.  Again, two things can be true.  First, overall he's playing great and has great ball skills and two, Thursday wasn't his cleanest game.  I'll take a blowout win over Washington anytime for Thanksgiving but just something to watch as we start to play better teams the next 5 weeks.

4 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Yea, that's fair.  So the 9-12 was a blogging the boys analyst.  I went back and watched it and in the time it mattered, I saw 8-11 (overall) with 5 first downs let up specifically in man.  2 of those put them in scoring position.  One of those drives they would go on to score a TD where Samuel caught a slant in front of him which got down to the 1 yard line.  Now that was a zone concept (looked like a zone blitz with DLaw in coverage) so it counts against him but I didn't count as giving up a first down although that's being lenient.  Again, two things can be true.  First, overall he's playing great and has great ball skills and two, Thursday wasn't his cleanest game.  I'll take a blowout win over Washington anytime for Thanksgiving but just something to watch as we start to play better teams the next 5 weeks.

And that’s fair.   I was watching the game while finishing up kitchen shit and wrangling the 3 and 2 year old.   Wasn’t super clean, wasn’t egregious (he didn’t look like he just got smoked on any given play).   Howell fit a couple balls in that were ones you have to tip your hat to as well.   He’s got to clean it up a bit, but good Lord he can make a QB feel comfortable and turn it into a backbreaking mistake in an instant.  Gonna be great when he and Diggs are starting opposite each other