Digital family calendar display?

I have been contemplating some kind of setup to display the family Google calendar on a flat screen in the kitchen. Anyone do this? If so, app or setup recommendations? I was initially thinking touchscreen but that might be overkill. I think input from phones/laptop is fine but it would be nice to have something more in your face for the shithead kids and husband who forget to look at the calendar on the phone. 

10 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

I have been contemplating some kind of setup to display the family Google calendar on a flat screen in the kitchen. Anyone do this? If so, app or setup recommendations? I was initially thinking touchscreen but that might be overkill. I think input from phones/laptop is fine but it would be nice to have something more in your face for the shithead kids and husband who forget to look at the calendar on the phone. 

DAKboard.  They have free subscription model for single calendar if you hook up to your own display.  For less-tech required approach they do everything up to ready to go wall displays. 

It acts as a photo display too which draws more eyes towards it as well.

adding... because DAKboard is really the software I noticed a bunch of people have started selling their own put together frames running it and selling them on Etsy

Edited by MonkeyDoughnut
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Updawg said:

I have this in the kitchen. Can watch yttv through it also among other things

e377e1b49885193b248141189063d697.jpg

Have they added the ability to view a full month calendar like pulling up Google calender on phone? That was one thing that I didn't like about it as it's something I used a lot on a family calendar.

6 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

DAKboard.  They have free subscription model for single calendar if you hook up to your own display.  For less-tech required approach they do everything up to ready to go wall displays. 

It acts as a photo display too which draws more eyes towards it as well.

adding... because DAKboard is really the software I noticed a bunch of people have started selling their own put together frames running it and selling them on Etsy

So basically I buy the dakboard CPU and a smart TV and that's a wrap? Do I need to hang the TV vertically? Seems like it would be nice to use it as a TV if I were so inclined. 

On 1/19/2024 at 3:38 PM, Baboontyme said:

So basically I buy the dakboard CPU and a smart TV and that's a wrap? Do I need to hang the TV vertically? Seems like it would be nice to use it as a TV if I were so inclined. 

Can be used/mounted horizontal or vertical.  With the CPU, the Dakboard would be just an HDMI input to the TV.