Bye bye, Sports Illustrated?

Deej

My uncle gave me this calendar for Christmas 1986.  April and especially February are most etched in my memory. 

That water droplet (you'll know it when you see it) was of particular interest to me.

image.png.4da0a728411e6b80dbf4787bfe5f9222.png

image.png.8edcf524728a411353df17c9d7b31338.png

image.png.2e2fcd65c1e0a7e50322866399fb2f3d.png

Sad day if SI is really done.  Not so much for the current content but for the memories it holds in our collective minds.  My 10 year old has been going to the mailbox looking for it every day even though I have told him it's probably not arriving.

Was the final episode the Michigan over Washington cover?

• Drool 1

4 minutes ago, MAUFRAIS said:

i doubt it'll stay gone forever.  creem magazine and duck head khakis came back.

Holy shit, you weren't kidding.

97DC7228-7FC3-4705-910F-7DB6A39B87F9_900

I need to order and put on a pair of those, then head down to Pizza Hut for a pan pizza, or maybe Steak and Ale for a Kensington Club.  L-I-V-I-N.

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

52 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Holy shit, you weren't kidding.

97DC7228-7FC3-4705-910F-7DB6A39B87F9_900

I need to order and put on a pair of those, then head down to Pizza Hut for a pan pizza, or maybe Steak and Ale for a Kensington Club.  L-I-V-I-N.

Are they too nice to wear to Jim’s?

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

What kinda Jim's experience you talkin' bout?  Breakfast Jim's?  Daytime Jim's?  Or "open all night Jim's?"  Cuz each requires a different wardrobe.

Jim's is no longer open all night.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

What kinda Jim's experience you talkin' bout?  Breakfast Jim's?  Daytime Jim's?  Or "open all night Jim's?"  Cuz each requires a different wardrobe.

Open all night Jim’s is where 17 year old you sprays cologne in your mouth thinking the sheriff at the door won’t be able to smell the alcohol on your breath anymore. —- not one, but two of my dumbass* friends in hs 

*in view of the sheriff 

• Haha 1