Mallorca and Ibiza

wild_turkey

Planning on going for 8-9 days in early June with the wife.

Ibiza would probably be 3 nights. I think that’s enough time to see the island, do a day trip over to Formentera, and of course some late night partying and show Avicii (RIP) that I’m cool. Looking at staying on the south side near Ibiza town.

Mallorca would then be 5-6 nights with the plan being to relax and check out good beaches. Hopefully rent a boat for a day, with or without a captain. The good beaches look scattered around and driving will take some time each day. Not sure if we should stay near Palma and just venture out each day, or split it up with 2 different locations. I generally don’t like moving hotels unless there’s a compelling reason.

Anyone been to either? Any recs about where to stay, hotels or restaurants, activities?

7 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

or split it up with 2 different locations.

This is why we did.  Three nights on the east coast where the beaches are and two nights in Palma.  We loved both.  Mallorca was a great island. 

Edited by VABuckeye

We did a boat trip on Mallorca a couple of years ago and spent a night on the front end and a couple nights on the back end in Palma.  We bounced to coastal towns on the boat for the days in between.  I'll ask my friends and see if anyone remembers where we went throughout the trip.  There was a lot of booze and places were written in something called "Spanish", so I don't remember specific places we went.