2024 St Louis Cardinals. Our pet's heads are falling off.

pops

• 4 weeks later...

I went to HS with a gal who ended up living in the same condo complex with Edmonds in St. Louis.  She was completely crazy about him.  Then, they met.  She said she didn't have high expectations for intellect, but that he was dumber than a box of hammers.

I'm sure she gave it up anyway.

5 hours ago, You don't know me said:

Speaking of that, how do you like Brad Thompson on the call? He is better than Edmonds, but I could see some people not appreciating his humor.

He's better, but he's just so ridiculously sunshiny, which is worse with Captain Sunshine doing PBP.

I'm already depressed. When do pitchers and catchers report in 2025?  I've never had a team I follow where I fucking hated the head coach. I've been ambivalent,  annoyed, given up on,  and basically everything else. But I hate oli. It's irrational and dumb but so is oli. 

• 2 weeks later...

It's as if there is a legitimate effort to destroy the franchise.  We're on year 13 since the last World Series title.  Sink us a little more and we'll top the worst span in club history -- 24 years (1982 to 2006).

Just now, You don't know me said:
3 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:
It's as if there is a legitimate effort to destroy the franchise.  We're on year 13 since the last World Series title.  Sink us a little more and we'll top the worst span in club history -- 24 years (1982 to 2006).

1982 was a WS championship though.

Ya think?  Maybe that was my point?

10 hours ago, Capn81 said:

The next two series will speak volumes.

The last two years spoke volumes. And they extended him. DeWitt doesn't care.  Mo is regarded and oli has no clue. Whomever is in charge of the pitching farm system should be fired. We are late 80s to late 90s territory here. 

• Rage+1 1

Yup, this isn't gonna turn around any time soon.

I still say we should have fired Oli and hired Yadi when we had the chance, assuming Yadi would have accepted (and there were indications he might not have wanted the job at that point).  It wouldn't have cured the player development issues but at least the in-game managing wouldn't have sucked so bad.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

Fuck you, Moze!!

"Our goal is to play deep into October," Mozeliak said. "You want to put a team out there that can compete and give you a chance to win. That's what we're here to do. When I hear people say we're not willing to spend... There's always ways to do things better, but to say we're not trying to put a winning product out there is rather insulting to someone like myself because we certainly are. We want to put a product out there that not only are we proud of, but our fans are proud of, as well."

Edited by Beau Vine