X-Men '97 - Disney+ starting March 20th

Captain Ron

Posted (edited)
On 5/16/2024 at 1:09 PM, kevwun said:

Wonder how they're gonna fix Wolverine since Magnet ripped all his admantium out?

25 year old comic spoilers:

Spoiler

Apocalypse gonna fix him right up

image.thumb.png.6e02d92619f4ff763cdbcf2c38280d0f.png

Edited by ultimaton

Catching up late on this. The damn Genosha episode hit about the hardest I've seen an animated show do since Clone Wars. Stellar work they're doing. Can't wait to finish the rest. 

I have a lot of feelings, all of them positive and none of which I'll delve into here, but I'm beyond excited (and a little trepidatious due to Beau de Mayo's limited involvement) for season 2.

What version of the X-Men will we get in the MCU now? I feel like the animated version is by far now the definitive version within wider pop culture, but will Disney just plug and play? 

Don't know if people caught the after-credit on the final episode

Looks like Apocalypse is going to take Gambit to be one of his Four Horsemen instead of Angel

It's interesting some of the changes they made. Cable is sent to the future due to Mr. Sinister and not Apocalypse. The Genosha genocide happens the same but with Cassandra Nova (soon to be in Deadpool 3, well a variant) sending the Master Sentinel. I would love for them to do a House of M subplot next season. 

18 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Don't know if people caught the after-credit on the final episode

Reveal hidden contents

Looks like Apocalypse is going to take Gambit to be one of his Four Horsemen instead of Angel

It's interesting some of the changes they made. Cable is sent to the future due to Mr. Sinister and not Apocalypse. The Genosha genocide happens the same but with Cassandra Nova (soon to be in Deadpool 3, well a variant) sending the Master Sentinel. I would love for them to do a House of M subplot next season. 

Is that who the Egyptian person is?

17 hours ago, safe sex said:

I have a lot of feelings, all of them positive and none of which I'll delve into here, but I'm beyond excited (and a little trepidatious due to Beau de Mayo's limited involvement) for season 2.

What version of the X-Men will we get in the MCU now? I feel like the animated version is by far now the definitive version within wider pop culture, but will Disney just plug and play? 

Honestly, I wish they would leave the X-Men alone and just have them in an animated world. You can do so much more with animation and storytelling than live action. 

33 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Honestly, I wish they would leave the X-Men alone and just have them in an animated world. You can do so much more with animation and storytelling than live action. 

I def agree for the most part, but there's too much money to be made for them to do that. Can't see them going all in on theatrical animated films for the X-Men. 

Don’t agree. X1 and X2 were great. First class and DoFP were great. Logan and both Deadpool’s great. You can do plenty with real life, but just like any other movie, the story and and acting have to be there. If they just stuck to cartoons because of what they can do with animation, we wouldn’t have everything from Barbie to LotR and all that is in between. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

Then go back to the very beginning like they're doing in Fantastic Four. Set it in the 60s in the same universe as the FF. Have it be the original 5 (Jean, Beast, Angel, Iceman, Cyclops) and save Wolverine and the others for later. Build it up like the comics and not just dropping all the characters in from the get go. I'm sure they won't do that because Wolverine is too popular of a character to leave out but you aren't replacing Hugh Jackman easily. Just make it a gradual release since you have plenty of time to build up the universe...like they did with the Avengers. Second movie, you start to bring in more characters from the 2nd team like Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Thunderbird, and Storm. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 5/25/2024 at 2:16 PM, ultimaton said:

No "X-Men mind controlled into becoming BDSM slaves... and they kind of like it"?

Claremont wept. 

That's very often worked into any of those given ten plots, tho.

• Hook 'Em 1