Crime Feed: Recent Crimes in the News

Nicole44

On 2/24/2024 at 2:07 PM, Macklemore said:

Fuck you. His immigration status is fucking relevant. He has no ties to Athens and is a fucking illegal with no right to be in this country. That’s what he should be described as. 

I never agree with you but you’re 100% spot on here. (Csb) I had a friend murdered in 2016 by a 17 year old with a stolen handgun, a weapon he had no right to have for multiple reasons. We all sleep easier at night knowing the killer wasn’t an illegal immigrant on top of that. 

This was a huge story in Connecticut (and also a fairly large national story):

A jury Friday found a Connecticut woman guilty of conspiring with her boyfriend to kill his estranged wife, a mother of five who disappeared in 2019.

Michelle Troconis, 49, was also found guilty on five other counts of tampering with physical evidence and hindering prosecution connected to Fotis Dulos’ presumed killing of Jennifer Dulos, who was last seen dropping off their five children at school on the morning of March 24, 2019. The Duloses had been in the middle of a contentious two-year divorce battle and custody dispute, which placed strict restrictions on when and how Fotis Dulos could see the couple’s children.

——-

The highlight of my day was watching that haggard bish drop her head on the table and weep as the charges were read. Guilty on all 6 counts! And then being led away in handcuffs. 

IMG_9671.webp

Also many of you remember this horrible shooting from last April:

FORT EDWARD, N.Y. (AP) — A man who fatally shot a 20-year-old woman after the SUV she was riding in mistakenly drove into his rural driveway in upstate New York was sentenced Friday to more than 25 years to life in prison.

Kevin Monahan, 66, was convicted of second-degree murder in the death last April of Kaylin Gillis. She was riding in a caravan of two cars and a motorcycle that was trying to leave after pulling into Monahan’s long, winding driveway while looking for a party at another person’s house in the town of Hebron.

“I think it’s important that people know that it is not OK to shoot people and kill them who drive down your driveway,” Judge Adam Michelini said. Apart from the wider deterrent effect, Michelini said it’s important that Monahan remain behind bars rather than be free to harm more people.

4 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

The highlight of my day was watching that haggard bish drop her head on the table and weep as the charges were read.

Won't be as fun when they read your...err...the Town Lake Dumper verdict. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

The death earlier this month of Foremost GroupCEO Angela Chao, the sister-in-law of Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, is currently under "criminal investigation," a Texas sheriff's office said Thursday.

Chao, 50, was found dead shortly after midnight on Feb. 11 after being pulled out of a car that had gone into a pond on a private ranch in Johnson City, Texas, about 40 miles from Austin.
https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2024/02/29/angela-chao-death-being-investigated-as-criminal-matter.html

IMG_9692.jpeg

Edited by Nicole44
I wonder if this also hastened Mitch’s retirement plans?

Posted (edited)
On 3/2/2024 at 2:22 PM, Nicole44 said:

The death earlier this month of Foremost GroupCEO Angela Chao, the sister-in-law of Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, is currently under "criminal investigation," a Texas sheriff's office said Thursday.

Chao, 50, was found dead shortly after midnight on Feb. 11 after being pulled out of a car that had gone into a pond on a private ranch in Johnson City, Texas, about 40 miles from Austin.
https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2024/02/29/angela-chao-death-being-investigated-as-criminal-matter.html

IMG_9692.jpeg

"Although the preliminary investigation indicated this was an unfortunate accident, the Sheriff's Office is still investigating this accident as a criminal matter until they have sufficient evidence to rule out criminal activity," 

We will see if this is actually a crime. It gets real fucking dark at night out there. 

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 1

This kind of shit is why (no CR) I  don’t support the death penalty—yes there are people that do qualify and definitely deserve it.) she should spend the rest of her life behind bars. This is sickening. How many people were wrongly convicted? How many criminals that might be off or get a new trial! Wtf! 

Caleb is of local interest but there is a wide scale search for another missing young man. It is hard for me to watch the video of him stumbling around drunk trying to walk and people just walking past him. He was kicked out of the bar. His buddies were settling the tab. The bar didn’t want Riley out front of the bar. By the time his buds settled the tab he had walked off.