Angie Harmon's dog shot and killed by Instacart driver

cmontexas

11 minutes ago, F250 said:

As a former pizza delivery driver, I have to say that the "no contact" option has really taken the character out of delivery services. You get a really good look at the underbelly of society when you deliver food to people's houses. Especially, in the old days when it was common for people to ask you to drop it off inside their home.

I delivered pizza/food from age 16 till I graduated college. Most bizarre experience was delivering for Hao's Chinese on Lower Greenville.

I took a massive order to a huge mansion in Lakewood and the bitch wife made me open everything and set it up in her kitchen, like I was fucking caterer. Nice 8% tip.

I get back to the store and they tell me the bitch had called screaming that there were cockroaches in most of her food. We all figured it was some kind of scam, but the owner made me go back there to check it out.

When I got to the door, the bitch owner grabs me and drags me inside, then starts pointing out all the "roaches" in the food. I didn't see any and I told her that. She starts throwing stuff from the dishes at my face, screaming about "roaches ROACHES!". I pick one of them up and tell her "ma'am, these are pieces of roasted ginger. Everything you just threw at me is ginger".

She continued screaming about roaches until I left. 

• Haha 5
  • Drool 1

24 minutes ago, rage-a-holic said:

I delivered pizza/food from age 16 till I graduated college. Most bizarre experience was delivering for Hao's Chinese on Lower Greenville.

I took a massive order to a huge mansion in Lakewood and the bitch wife made me open everything and set it up in her kitchen, like I was fucking caterer. Nice 8% tip.

I get back to the store and they tell me the bitch had called screaming that there were cockroaches in most of her food. We all figured it was some kind of scam, but the owner made me go back there to check it out.

When I got to the door, the bitch owner grabs me and drags me inside, then starts pointing out all the "roaches" in the food. I didn't see any and I told her that. She starts throwing stuff from the dishes at my face, screaming about "roaches ROACHES!". I pick one of them up and tell her "ma'am, these are pieces of roasted ginger. Everything you just threw at me is ginger".

She continued screaming about roaches until I left. 

That checks out. I encountered a few entitled people that didn't understand the concept of delivery vs. waiting.

I've had pizza thrown at me by a customer. Even had a crazy lady throw rocks at me because her pizza didn't have sausage on it.

• Rage+1 1

Just saw this thread.

As some of y'all know, I work in delivery for Amazon, Target (via Shipt), and UberEats - among others. Some perspective I gleaned from the story:

- the driver was getting fired regardless just because he had a gun with him. That's a big no-no across all platforms. An Amazon driver shot a homeless guy who attacked him with a knife and even got stabbed, but was still fired.

- the fact that he got to the door, delivered the food, then shot the dog after means that either the dog didn't get out until the driver was going back to the car or wasn't perceived as a threat. It also means the guy had his gun on him during the delivery because if he had to go back to the car then he could have just gotten in the car to get away from the dog.

- her comment about the delivery guy not matching the driver shown in the app is very common. Too many people who don't qualify (illegal, felonies, etc) or deactivated (from past bad conduct as a driver) will sign up their wife, gf, sister, friend, cousin, whomever and continue to work under their name. I see it all the time and every once in a while the companies start purging and putting in verification steps. I personally hate having to take a damn selfie every time I show up, especially if I was just there 3 hours earlier. Or having to scan my ID. Unless you have a physical person standing there to verify you are you, most of the security checkpoints can be gotten around somehow through dishonest techniques. Even a physical person can't stop all fraud, as the gf will just show up to pick up the order, then switch cars with the bf and he goes and delivers while she goes home.

- anyone who has done this for any length of time can get a pretty good feel about whether a dog is just putting on a show of aggression or is actually a threat. A lot of dogs will bark and growl as you move towards the door and immediately shut up when you turn to go back to your car. Just this morning I was delivering at about 430a in the countryside outside Lockhart and got out of the car to get a package from the back only to be surprised to see a large black lab standing right next to me. Luckily he was very friendly and didn't bark or anything. But I've had times where I've tossed the package out the window at their gate, too. A couple days ago a small dog got out when the customer opened the door to get the box before I got back to my vehicle, but it was just excited to be out and run around and I helped chase it to get it back in the house.

- I don't think there was any reason to shoot the dog unless it actually tried to bite you. If you want to get your gun out and be ready, then fine, but don't pull that trigger until you're under direct attack. This wasn't a pit mix where you might not have the luxury of hesitation. Looks like a German Shepherd or mix thereof. Was probably barking like crazy, running towards you (but not to you) but was wagging its tail the entire time.

Btw - why would Angie not have hard-wired security cameras? But then, she does videos of putting on makeup while a squirrel crawls all over her, so who knows?

• Hook 'Em 3

Driver is a pussy and should not be allowed to carry a firearm ever again, and that’s coming from someone that has been dubbed a “gun nut” by multiple mentally unstable pussies on this site.

Sounds like something a gun nut would say.

41 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

He (fixes the cable) delivers the pizza?  

No cable repairs necessary. You just had to be willing to roll the dice when it came to the crying game. We had a driver that was a forty something immigrant from Poland that rolled snake eyes. He cried afterwards in the back of the store. He cried a lot.

Most of the ladies were unattractive.

There were occasionally a few attractive ones but those were always the most suspicious.