Best Beach in Corpus Christi Area?

msudawg

The Wife and I have a week off work in about 3 weeks (so post Labor Day)  and are doing 2 days in Fredericksburg, a day floating the river , a day in Austin and a day at the beach in the CC area. 

As of right now, I'm leaning towards Padre Island, but know there are a lot more..Mustang Island, Port Aransas, Whitecap. Not really looking for anything more than maybe some chairs and an umbrella. Might be open to the idea of B&B near the beach since we would likely be spending the day in the area before heading to San Antonio the next morning for breakfast. 

Sounds like most of your week off will be spent in the car...

After Labor Day, just stick with the Holiday Inn Sunspree off Whitecap on North Padre. They will keep the beach clean regardless of conditions. Amemities like chairs, umbrellas, etc. readily available and you can maximize your chill time on the beach before climbing back in the car. 

55 minutes ago, After irth said:

Sounds like most of your week off will be spent in the car...

After Labor Day, just stick with the Holiday Inn Sunspree off Whitecap on North Padre. They will keep the beach clean regardless of conditions. Amemities like chairs, umbrellas, etc. readily available and you can maximize your chill time on the beach before climbing back in the car. 

Unless they just reopened it recently. This place has been closed since Harvey. It was a great location.

13 hours ago, ckhorn said:

Unless they just reopened it recently. This place has been closed since Harvey. It was a great location.

Thanks.. That's the biggest reason why I posted. No clue what's come back since Harvey. 

And the drivings going to be broken up enough to not be in the car more than 4 hours at the max I think. Still making my plan.. 

Thanks again guys. Decided to to do 2 days at the beach instead. Mon/Tues. just gotta figure out what all we want to do. besides relaxing. the wife's a redhead so won't be sitting out tanning for a long period. 

I'm just looking forward to enjoying the beach for the first time in 15 years, I used to live on the gulf coast in MS so miss it so much. 

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 2:24 AM, msudawg said:

Thanks again guys. Decided to to do 2 days at the beach instead. Mon/Tues. just gotta figure out what all we want to do. besides relaxing. the wife's a redhead so won't be sitting out tanning for a long period. 

I'm just looking forward to enjoying the beach for the first time in 15 years, I used to live on the gulf coast in MS so miss it so much

Yeah? Maybe you can help me with this one.

On 8/19/2018 at 2:24 AM, msudawg said:

I'm just looking forward to enjoying the beach for the first time in 15 years, I used to live on the gulf coast in MS so miss it so much. 

58546992.jpg

The seawall off Whitecap has a nice parking lot, restrooms, and showers to rinse off. No parking pass needed since you’re not parking on the beach. It’s a few hundred yards north of the old Holiday Inn and usually isn’t as crowded as north packery channel (JP Luby). Bob Hall pier has nice table, no parking pass required, and a nice little bar and grill on the pier. 

On 8/24/2018 at 4:22 PM, Trynapigdog said:

The seawall off Whitecap has a nice parking lot, restrooms, and showers to rinse off. No parking pass needed since you’re not parking on the beach. It’s a few hundred yards north of the old Holiday Inn and usually isn’t as crowded as north packery channel (JP Luby). Bob Hall pier has nice table, no parking pass required, and a nice little bar and grill on the pier. 

When Holiday Inn wasn't busy being a Hurricane Harvey victim and eyesore, it was a pretty cool place to walk up from the beach and grab a cocktail.  They often had bands playing on the weekends.   
Anything between Bob Hall pier and the north side of Packery Channel are about the same beach parking.