Animal Kingdom on TNT

MrBig

Is anyone watching this? The season 3 finale was tonight. Seasons 1 and 2 are available to stream on Amazon Prime. It’s a TV show based on the Australian movie about a crime family. Pretty interesting, but it’s not getting as talked about as a lot of other shows. Any thoughts?

32 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

There's a thread on here somewhere.  I watched the first season and rather enjoyed it, but it started getting pretty outrageous there at the end.  Reports seem to be that it loses all credibility in subsequent seasons.

Yeah, the jobs in seasons 2 and 3 started getting outrageous. However, the other storylines have been really good, and season 3 ended with some intriguing events. I'd at least give it a try again.

• Like 1

Barkin is creepy as fuck calling everybody Baby and getting very inappropriate. 30 years ago, different story but that ship has sailed.
I watch it and the storylines are good but it's approaching Sons of Anarchy level silliness   

It’s basically a mixture of SoA, Point Break, GTA-5, The Fast And Furious...and Brokeback Mountain.

The heists are really right out of GTA-5.

As for the credibility- Pope wrecked is truck into a lady last night and then threatened to assault her. He just walks away from the scene and shows up at the pad with no police in tow. I think the brothers were also able to intimidate some cartel guys into avoiding their turf a few weeks back. I kind of enjoy the show, but plausibility is of no concern to the producers.
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Barkin is creepy as fuck calling everybody Baby and getting very inappropriate. 30 years ago, different story but that ship has sailed.

I watch it and the storylines are good but it's approaching Sons of Anarchy level silliness   

Yeah, Barkin’s sexual appeal to her boys is really damn weird. I think season 4 will be really good as long as the jobs are more realistic.

13 hours ago, Texas_Rocks said:

It’s basically a mixture of SoA, Point Break, GTA-5, The Fast And Furious...and Brokeback Mountain.

The heists are really right out of GTA-5.

As for the credibility- Pope wrecked is truck into a lady last night and then threatened to assault her. He just walks away from the scene and shows up at the pad with no police in tow. I think the brothers were also able to intimidate some cartel guys into avoiding their turf a few weeks back. I kind of enjoy the show, but plausibility is of no concern to the producers.

Yeah I see where you’re coming from re: Brokeback Mountain. The producers seem to have an obsession with guy ass. The scene last night with Pope crashing into that lady’s car was unnecessary and far-fetched, but luckily it didn’t take away from the show too much. Also, I think you’re referring to them running off the Brazilians. I’m not sure if they’re part of a cartel or if they were just run of the mill thugs, but that was also far-fetched. I like how they’re moving toward a J vs Smurf storyline for season 4, and it should make the show more interesting.

• 3 years later...