2018 US Open tennis

spystud13

3 minutes ago, spystud13 said:

She is blisteringly skinny. I like skinny, I like Kiki, but she is Skeletor-thin. 

Yeah, to keep a good face, frequently the body suffers. Usually the girl gets too thin, but some women need to put on weight to save the face. Either way, it’s sad to see a nice body slip away. 

Nadal & Fed over the last 2 years have the exact same win %. Crazy stuff.

Nadal

112-14 record (88.889%)

Grand Slams: F, W, 4R, W, QF (WR), W, SF, SF (maybe another F/W)

ATP500: F, W, W, W

Masters1000: 4R, F, W, W, QF, 3R, QF, F, QF (WR), W, W, QF, W

Federer

88-11 record (88.889%)

Grand Slams: W, A, W, QF, W, A, QF, 4R

ATP500: 2R, W, W, W, F

Masters1000: W, W, F, W, F, 2R, F

Kei Nishikori was up a break in the 5th set over Cilic, but Cilic just broke back down 2-4 in the 5th.

C- 6 4 6(5) 6 3

N- 2 6 7(7) 4 4

I haven't been watching, but they are 3hr 57mins into the match.

Nishikori should have challenged once or twice already (according to the broadcasters) and not it is 30-40.

24 minutes ago, LonghornGoodfella said:

Glad to see Kei get the win. But he’s going to have nothing left in the tank next round against most likely Novak. 

I would say we’re prolly looking at another Nole/Rafa final, but Nadal has spent a lot of time on court and I think Del Potro has an excellent shot at taking him out. 

I shall be pulling for Delpo, along with the Boys from Tandil in Delpo's suite for the match.

05openlive-delp-superJumbo.jpg

Nike is probably wondering why there is an adidas jersey in their box, but he's drowned out by at least 4 Swooshes.

maxresdefault.jpg

For those of us a little older, i still miss the old format of the Super Saturday at the Open where they started at 11 am CST and had both Men's semi-finals, followed by the women's final. Obviously with the heat there and player safety, it's better formatted now, but for tennis fans, that Super Saturday of viewing was the shit!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LonghornGoodfella said:

For those of us a little older, i still miss the old format of the Super Saturday at the Open where they started at 11 am CST and had both Men's semi-finals, followed by the women's final. Obviously with the heat there and player safety, it's better formatted now, but for tennis fans, that Super Saturday of viewing was the shit!

I was thinking about how ridiculous that was sometime within the last 24 hours.

It used to be:

1st MEN'S SEMIFINAL

WOMEN'S FINAL 

2nd MEN'S SEMIFINAL

Then eventually, after some of the 2nd Men's Semifinals absolutely destroyed the winner for the Final the next day, along with the surge in interest in women's tennis, the US Open moved the Women's Final to the 3rd Match. But how ridiculous is it to have a 5 set match end at 8pm+ and then expect there to be a good final the following day?

PS- Madison Keys took the first set of her Quarterfinal 6-4.

Madison won over Suarez Navarro: 6-4 6-3

I didn't see the first set, but if it weren't for the unforced errors by Keys, I could see her easily winning the second set 6-0.

She was far superior to the Spaniard, but just hit lots of bad shots that were good ideas, just poor execution. Usually potential "winners" that just smashed into the net or went long by 6 inches or more.

Madison can pound the ball, but I don't know if she has the game plan nor the mental toughness to threaten Serena if they both make it to the final.