2018 US Open tennis

spystud13

she was going on and on and on....  he was pretty patient. 
thinking about the tantrums that have occurred recently i could only come up with kyrgios and coco, both down under from jan of this year.  coco's was pretty bad.  but if you take gender into consideration it's ironic because at the time people thought she got off light compared to what happened with kyrgios.  race, on the other hand...
i'm struggling to remember other players who have thrown tantrums recently.  i'm sure you guys can come up with some though.

I’m not saying he was too impatient. I’m just saying I’d prefer the chair give a warning that he’s about to pull the trigger on docking her a game before doing so.

3 hours ago, DanRydell said:

I’m not saying he was too impatient. I’m just saying I’d prefer the chair give a warning that he’s about to pull the trigger on docking her a game before doing so.

the chair umpire usually doesn't give warnings before an enforcement of a violation for ref abuse.  in this case, i thought he was extremely lenient.  she'd been yelling at him for quite some time.  provoking him continually.  threatening him. 

6 minutes ago, LonghornGoodfella said:

WTF really thought Delpo would be able to give Novak a better match than this in a grand slam final. Disappointing to say the least. Guess you can't ignore that H2H record and being 0-4 against Novak in grand slam finals. 

Djokovic is killing it with his service returns. He's in top form right now.

Not much del Potro can do.

image.png

6 minutes ago, LonghornGoodfella said:

If he wins here, he's the only one with 2 grand slams this year. Bogus he wouldn't be year end #1 with the ranking system. 

The ranking system is cumulative though, going back to a full calendar year. Djokovic won bupkes during the first half of 2018 and crashed out of many tournaments super early during the clay and early hard court season. He needs to make up for that heading into the fall.