2018 US Open tennis

spystud13

Is Serena Williams the most dominant athlete of all time?

Tiger would have been, had he stayed healthy, imo... but he didn't.

Mayweather?

Jordan?

Gretzky?

Steroid Lance?

Phelps?

Bolt?

Am I missing anyone? (Hard to place any team sports guys other than Jordan...)
Jordan isn't even the most dominant of all time in his own sport.
  • Like 1

Serena knows better. Her behavior was disgraceful. She got warned for coaching. BFD. Get over it you have been there many, many times before. 

Then she broke the racket. Automatic code violation unless you play the point with it - she knows this. 

Then you call the ump a crook. In baseball that gets you tossed. In tennis you get another code violation. 

She melted down because she was getting her ass beat. Congrats to Naomi for showing incredible poise and finishing the deal - but even then I think Serena would have eventually defaulted because she completely lost the plot. 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

No Serena, YOU owe the fans and your opponent an apology. But you won't give one because you're never wrong and live in a bubble. Fuck you and please retire already. Your act is beyond old.

Edited by The Dog
  • Like 2

No Serena, YOU owe the fans and your opponent an apology. But you won't give one because you're never wrong and live in a bubble. Fuck you and please retire already. Your act is beyond old.

Nailed it. We need women like Sloane to become dominant. Way classier. Have people forgotten when Serena threatened to beat the brains out of the line judge? That Chase has made her their poster child is mind boggling. Everyone will circle the wagons and make the chair ump out to be a racist/sexist or whatever to preserve the gravy train. Serena will be portrayed as a hero.

19 minutes ago, spystud13 said:

That very last sentence is so key. The fucking chair NEVER thought Serena was “cheating”, but her fucking coach was most definitely coaching. She should rage at Patrick. 

Absolutely. I also want to stress this is NOT the first time a player is penalized without the player directly knowing about coaching. Serena should know the rules, she's been on tour for over a decade

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/2996254/Adidas-International-Hingis-advances-despite-warning.html

Edited by Aleemay
  • Like 1

SJW cunt?!?

Cloak room is that way ——>

JFC.
Sorry you don't see it, she's the greatest women's player ever. But it's no secret she plays the victim when needed. Her and Venus thought they could be a men's player, until a 200 (?) ranked men's player (after drinking) best both sisters. Again, here's her SJW quote:
"I'm here fighting for women's rights and for women's equality and for all kinds of stuff."

Call a spade a spade, great player..entitled SJW.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I don’t disagree that she plays the victim and has a history of really bad conduct especially at the US open.

I didn’t hear the clip about women’s rights but your post sounded like a one of Chrispy’s thinly veiled racist troll posts. Hence my comment.

• Like 2

I do think she probably has a point that men (and probably women) have said worse things without getting code violations. I have no idea if that data would actually bear out a bias but it wouldn't surprise me if women are held to a higher standard because they're expected to be classier.

That said, my only real complaint with the chair umpire is that he should have given her a verbal warning before popping her the third time. Just a, "look, I understand you're upset but you've had an opportunity to say your peace and if you don't give it a rest, I'm issuing another code violation." 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, LonghornGoodfella said:

Didn't watch the match but i couldn't stop grinning checking the Open app and seeing "the greatest athlete of all time" get her ass spanked and apparently throw a god damn fit on court. Love it. 

On to the men's final. I got Novak in 4 but i'll be pulling for Del Potro. 

Delpo will absolutely NOT have a meltdown tomorrow and demand an apology from the umpire no matter what happens. 

33 minutes ago, DanRydell said:

I do think she probably has a point that men (and probably women) have said worse things without getting code violations. I have no idea if that data would actually bear out a bias but it wouldn't surprise me if women are held to a higher standard because they're expected to be classier.

That said, my only real complaint with the chair umpire is that he should have given her a verbal warning before popping her the third time. Just a, "look, I understand you're upset but you've had an opportunity to say your peace and if you don't give it a rest, I'm issuing another code violation." 

she was going on and on and on....  he was pretty patient. 

thinking about the tantrums that have occurred recently i could only come up with kyrgios and coco, both down under from jan of this year.  coco's was pretty bad.  but if you take gender into consideration it's ironic because at the time people thought she got off light compared to what happened with kyrgios.  race, on the other hand...

i'm struggling to remember other players who have thrown tantrums recently.  i'm sure you guys can come up with some though.

KP beat the shit out of the ump’s chair, but it wasn’t her third fucking violation. 

If dumbshit would have just realized the coaching violation was not her fault, everything would have been different. Rules are rules, her coach, that she employs, fucked her. Then she reacted like a mother fucking idiot. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, spystud13 said:

KP beat the shit out of the ump’s chair, but it wasn’t her third fucking violation. 

Not that it makes much of a difference, but Pliskova's beef was actually legit. She got royally screwed over with the ump wrongly calling her smash out and refusing to overrule