2017 national champ UCF vs. FAU

Monster

You know what drives me nuts about UCF claiming a title last year? They were actually supposed to play the Horns in Austin, but they asked us to push it back to 2023 (which was also recently cancelled when we scheduled Alabama). I know we were the definition of mediocre last year, but a road win against Texas certainly would have helped their playoff cause. I've never heard ANYONE mention the fact that they cost themselves a big potential resume boost.

1 minute ago, MaxHorn said:

You know what drives me nuts about UCF claiming a title last year? They were actually supposed to play the Horns in Austin, but they asked us to push it back to 2023 (which was also recently cancelled when we scheduled Alabama). I know we were the definition of mediocre last year, but a road win against Texas certainly would have helped their playoff cause. I've never heard ANYONE mention the fact that they cost themselves a big potential resume boost.

A 'power 5' team will never be allowed into a 4 team playoff.   Never.   We will spend the entire year listening to ESPN promote their business partners (the SEC) as the best in the world, so two of those 4 spots are reserved for the conference they've invested in financially.   

This means a 'group of 5' team would have to leap frog four 'power 5' champions.     They'll never allow it.  

14-14 with 7 mins in the 2nd quarter.

3 minutes ago, Nivek said:

They earned their right to complain and claim the title. The cfb playoff system is a fraud.

I agree-- they can claim it all they want. I'm just saying that their claim would have a little more validity with a road win at a traditional power 5 team under their belts.

3 minutes ago, MaxHorn said:

I agree-- they can claim it all they want. I'm just saying that their claim would have a little more validity with a road win at a traditional power 5 team under their belts.

I wish this was true, but it just wouldn't have mattered.    'Validity' is in the eyetest of the beholder.  

Big 4th down stop by UCF.  Negated by an offensive penalty.   FAU has a terrible kicker, I guess?  

...now they're kicking it

13 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

yea if you need a commercial to try and tell everyone you are "in the club" then you are not in the club

I liked it better when they were saying  'we don't care about your club'.

UCF starting to pour it on  Looking unstoppable on offense.  34-17 UCF

ESPN fucks up their attempt to discredit UCF's championship with a 'claimed title' graphic on the Bama/UCF QB comparison. 

Graphics guy accidentally put 'claimed title' on the Bama side of the screen. 

Ya just trolled yourselves douchbags.  

Edited by Monster
  • Like 1

Just now, satyanash said:

i was trying to screen grab this.  hilarious.  

UCF has gotten into ESPN's head.   I hope more schools do this kind of thing.    The thing about control freaks, as is the case with ESPN and college football, is they get really bothered when somebody defies them.   

FAU and UCF trade touchdowns.   23-42 UCF in the 3rd quarter.

1 hour ago, Monster said:

Anybody know if UCF has their same key players?  I watched them beat Auburn last year, but I can't remember whos who on their team...

McKinzie Milton their QB is stilll their QB.  Shaqueem Griffin, the one-handed bandit, is their main loss.  They returned mostly everybody.  

1 hour ago, UTEX_ME said:

that power 6 conference add is pathetic. 

I like it,  they are forcing the issue on how much of a fraud this P5/G5 system is.   There should really be no differentiation.  But it's all about the P5 controlling the $$ and access, which is simply  rigged and corrupt.  

Edited by Shmitty
  • Like 2