Looming Tower (Hulu)

SizzleChest

• 4 weeks later...

Well told story.  So many "WTF" moments when you realize what we could've avoided had we not been dealing with pissing contests.

Agrees about Michael Stulberg.  He was born to that role.  

Anyone seen the Frontline about O'Neal?  I know it's out there, I just haven't seen it yet.  Worth the effort?

22 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

Cross agency bullshitery

Yeah, that was pretty galling.  

The scene where Condi tells Gates to tie it all to Iraq was pretty astounding as well.  Not sure if it went down exactly like that, but I wouldn't be surprised if it had.

• 2 months later...

Bump.  Binge watched Looming Tower over the past few days.   I know there are two sides to every story but interesting contrast between Maya (Zero Dark Thirty) and Diane (Looming Tower) even though they are based on the person(s).   One story's hero is another's potential villain.   Also the two stories basically took place years apart.

Hard to comment without turning this in to a CR thread but its nuts that in hindsight we didn't lock down the country or make this our # 1 priority after:

• '98 African embassy bombings
  • '00 USS Cole bombing
  • '00 Millennium bombing attempts
  • Aug '01 arrest of Moussaoui (and refusal to get a court order to search his laptop.)
  • Aug '01 identification that perhaps other AQ operatives were taking flying lessons in the US

Admittedly I haven't read the book or criticism of it, but I know that certain aspects were made up, like the young boy participating in the USS Cole bombing.

I'm not sure I've ever seen such a negative portrayal of Condi like the miniseries presented.