Worlds longest flight now available

Mileslong

On 10/13/2018 at 10:01 PM, RiceOwl said:

If you’re in F it’s fun, in J it’s bearable, in Y it sucks. Luckily, SQ’s aircraft on this route doesn’t have a traditional Y. Only premium economy.

Longest flight I’ve ever done in Y is BOS-HKG. It SUCKED (and I had an exit row). 

On the other hand, I flew DEL-ORD in J and it wasn’t bad. 

Done Europe-East Coast many times in Y and it’s not too bad, especially going east.

Did 16 hour Qantas from Sydney to Dallas once in premium economy but the last four hours convinced me never again.  LA was just a better option and then connect

13 hours ago, Longhorn94 said:

i flew 14.5 on etihad from NYC to UAE twice. first round trip was in first class. i didnt want to get off the plane. second was in business class. it was nice but not the same i want to "stay on the plane" experience. 

EY has a banging first class cabin.

• Like 1

I previously mentioned LAX-NRT on the 777 in 1st.  I didn't mention that at NRT we connected on "Peach Air" to OKA.  Fucking miserable flight with my knees imbedded in the seat back in front of me, and the FA's trying to sell me cheap shit stuff for the entirety of the flight.  

Miserable. 

I've done 14ish 4 times in the last 4 years.   IAH to Tokyo and back in coach. And IAH to FRA and back.  It's not bad if you break it up.  And I don't sleep much on planes.  Once you do long hauls a few times 4 and 5 hour flights are cake.

Edited by midtown

On 10/17/2018 at 2:34 AM, dingleberryswitzer said:

I don't get  it.   They actually make you get on the plane to rack up the miles? Are they not open to something logical like "hey I need to log 10000 miles but I don't want to sit in the plane for 10000 miles,  how about I just pay for ticket, you give me the miles and we go on our way without  the charade, then you actually save the couple bucks in peanuts and fuel costs of flying my fat ass around, plus you can also resell the seat I won't be in. "

There is no logic in this system. Yes you need to actually board and fly.

I’m doing 16.20 Vancouver to Melbourne in February...

I’m on a measly 9 hr to LHR tonight. Polaris bitches....

I’m meeting my counterpart from Australia in London tomorrow. He’s coming in on the Perth-LHR nonstop. His territory policy has him in premium coach....