The Shit That is Rae Carruth (Released)

Don Johnson

https://abcnews.go.com/US/nfl-player-rae-carruth-released-20-years-prison/story?id=58656331&cid=social_twitter_abcn

Ex-NFL player Rae Carruth was released from prison Monday morning after spending nearly two decades behind bars on charges stemming from the murder of his pregnant girlfriend.

Carruth, a former wide receiver for the Carolina Panthers, was sentenced to 18 to 24 years in 2001 after a jury found him guilty of conspiring to murder Cherica Adams.

"I'm excited about just being out of here. I'm nervous just about how I'll be received by the public,” Carruth said in a phone interview with ABC affiliate WSOC-TV on Sunday. "I still have to work. I still have to live. I have to exist out there and it just seems like there is so much hate and negativity toward me. I'm actually some what frightened."

Prosecutors said Carruth hired Van Brett Watkins and Michael Kennedy to kill Adams in November 1999, when she was eight months pregnant.

2 minutes ago, mr. sunshine said:

Seems like the victim would have left some family behind.  Perhaps some brothers with access to pliers and a blowtorch  

Well, she did leave behind a child that ended up with cerebral palsy and severe brain damage from loss of blood in the womb after Rae had her murdered.  Fuck, I can't believe he got released.