Baylor @ WVU - FS1 - Thurs. Night CFB

El Diablo

19 hours ago, Spankytoes said:

Wut?

We escaped Baylor, had a bye and haven’t played this week yet. Sam was hurt against Baylor but our run game, defense, kicking and special teams were shit. 

So...maybe?

Unfortunately I'm out of negs but if you think our defense was shit against Baylor I need to make a phone call to the state mental institution. 

18 hours ago, Spankytoes said:

There’s a reason we aren’t being talked about nationally

We're ranked 6th in the fucking AP. 

Take the next few plays off, champ. 

Also we are going to stomp WVU. Outside of Kansas I think that game concerns me the least of any on our schedule. WVU is soft and is going to piss their pantsuit against a top 5 ranked Texas team on the road at night. 

Also also - Utah doesn't suck, and USC was never going to win that game on the road. You can dig up my comment if you want - I made it weeks ago - USC is going to go 9-3 including a W over ND. 

2 hours ago, MountaineerLegion said:

I'm not going to argue with your assessment of the victory but you all did not "knock Grier out" unless you're using it in a generic sense for any time a player leaves the game due to injury.  He knocked himself out, or maybe the pylon did.  I will point out Grier left in Q1.  At the end of Q1 ESPN still gave us a 52% chance of victory.  Obviously, losing him was devastating.

Also, I'm too lazy to find the post about our loss to Utah but we were down 7 starters, including QB1, RB1, and 3 starters on our OLine.  Our QB2 should have never been on scholarship.  He transferred out before spring practice started the following year.  We couldn't run or pass with only 4remaining starters.

The Utah game did highlight one glaring weakness, depth.  Your backups are probably ranked more highly than our starters.  Holgs has done a very good job of finding grads to help mitigate that problem.  We're as deep at WR and RB this year as I can remember. 

I was saying there are 2 teams in college football that can lose their starting QB and hardly miss a beat, Clemson (who already has and hasn't looked back) and Alabama (who has 2 starters). A lot of teams look bad on offense when their starter goes down and the fact that we still beat Baylor after coming off a 4 game stretch of USC, TCU, KState, and OU speaks to our maturity. I wasn't trying to disrespect WVU, it isn't going to be a cake walk, was just using it as an example of what happens when your starting QB goes down abruptly and unexpectedly at the start of a game. Y'all scored 7 points on offense and only had 295 yards.

He was knocked out as a result of Brandon Jones hitting him at the pylon, if Brandon Jones doesn't hustle and beat him to the pylon Grier doesn't get hurt, he did not "hurt himself".

28 minutes ago, Texas25 said:

He was knocked out as a result of Brandon Jones hitting him at the pylon, if Brandon Jones doesn't hustle and beat him to the pylon Grier doesn't get hurt, he did not "hurt himself".

Went back and watched it again.  I'll split the difference with you.  He clearly leapt before contact but there was also clearly contact with your guy.  Whether he would have broken it without contact will never be known.  Dayum it was ugly to re-watch it.

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Unfortunately I'm out of negs but if you think our defense was shit against Baylor I need to make a phone call to the state mental institution. 

Out of negs? Fuck, I had better buy a lottery ticket because today’s my lucky day! It’s not every day that pussy gets defeated.

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

We're ranked 6th in the fucking AP. 

Take the next few plays off, champ. 

Also we are going to stomp WVU. Outside of Kansas I think that game concerns me the least of any on our schedule. WVU is soft and is going to piss their pantsuit against a top 5 ranked Texas team on the road at night. 

Also also - Utah doesn't suck, and USC was never going to win that game on the road. You can dig up my comment if you want - I made it weeks ago - USC is going to go 9-3 including a W over ND. 

From someone that has VY in an NFL uniform as their profile pic, somehow I’m thinking you’re a little delusional. Please don’t drive tonight. Hugs not drugs, ok?

3 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

From someone that has VY in an NFL uniform as their profile pic, somehow I’m thinking you’re a little delusional. Please don’t drive tonight. Hugs not drugs, ok?

Are you going to contribute to the thread or just make shitty ad hominem* comebacks?

Edited by ztejas