Baylor @ WVU - FS1 - Thurs. Night CFB

El Diablo

Baylor already put their "max-effort" in to try to "beat Texas" which failed, so without accomplishing their primary seasonal goal, they will mail-in the rest of the season.
Nothing new here; 1234.

My Baylor bears are not even good enough to mail it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

Wut?

We escaped Baylor, had a bye and haven’t played this week yet. Sam was hurt against Baylor but our run game, defense, kicking and special teams were shit. 

So...maybe?

What does that even mean? You said we shot our wad against OU, yet we came out the next week and beat Baylor with our back up QB in Shane. Do you remember how shitty WVU looked last year when we knocked Grier out of the game. We drug their ass across Morgantown. We won. How do you use "shot their wad" for a team that is 6-1? Enlighten me

We held Baylor to 328 yards and their lowest point total all season, how is that playing like shit?

Edited by Texas25

58 minutes ago, Colt45 said:

Obviously not but there’s still no reason our game should’ve been as close as it was after watching this shitshow. 

We have a unique ability to allow another team's 'hope" to linger through a game.  Hard to quantify, but we never seem to really put our foot on the other team's throat.  A number of games this year, you can even see it in last year's games.  Last year's KU game stands out.   

18 minutes ago, Texas25 said:

What does that even mean? You said we shot our wad against OU, yet we came out the next week and beat Baylor with our back up QB in Shane. Do you remember how shitty WVU looked last year when we knocked Grier out of the game. We drug their ass across Morgantown. We won. How do you use "shot their wad" for a team that is 6-1? Enlighten me

It means exactly what it says.

We lost to Maryland. Ok, first game jitters and they had an emotional motivation with the death of a teammate. Still, a shitty way to start the season. Then we beat Tulsa at home by a TD. Disappointing win against a cupcake, but we’re trending in the right direction. Chalk it up to shaking off the cobwebs in our first home game. Then we crushed USC. OK, now we’re talking! Oh wait, now we know USC is only average this year and just got the shit kicked out of them by Utah. (Even worse than what we gave them) Then we spanked TCU only to find out that most teams can spank TCU. (And tOSU is a fraud) Then we beat KSU on the road with the game in question until the final whistle. We SHOULD beat this year’s K-State team, despite our failings the last 15 years, which have zero bearing on the outcome. Then we drill ou and squander the lead. Well, that kind of sucked. Still, a damn solid win. Then we barely beat Baylor because their QB threw his pass a little too high into triple coverage as time expired. I get that Sam was hurt, but what happened to Dicker the hero Kicker? Why couldn’t we score or shut them down? Then we had a bye to recooperate.

It’s conceivable that we peaked at the end of the 3rd quarter vs. ou. We’ve done just enough to win, which is important. But, we’re not exactly tripping over our dick right now. Our record may very well be fools gold, albeit welcomed. There’s a reason we aren’t being talked about nationally despite have the head-to-head advantage over ou and controlling our own destiny in the conference. The Kool-aid is watery.

Edited by Spankytoes
  • Like 5
  • Fuck You 1

9 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

It means exactly what it says.

We lost to Maryland. Ok, first game jitters and they had an emotional motivation with the death of a teammate. Still, a shitty way to start the season. Then we beat Tulsa at home by a TD. Disappointing win against a cupcake, but we’re trending in the right direction. Chalk it up to shaking off the cobwebs in our first home game. Then we crushed USC. OK, now we’re talking! Oh wait, know we know USC is only average this year and just got the shit kicked out of them by Utah. (Even worse than we gave them) Then we spanked TCU only to find out that most teams spank TCU. Then we beat KSU on the road with the game in question until the final whistle. We SHOULD beat this year’s K-State team, despite our failings the last 15 years, which have zero bearing on the outcome. Then we drill ou and squander the lead. Well, that kind of sucked. Still, a damn solid win. Then we barely beat Baylor because their QB threw his pass a little too high into triple coverage as time expired. I get that Sam was hurt, but what happened to Dicker the hero Kicker? Why couldn’t we score or shut them down? Then we had a bye to recooperate.

It’s conceivable that we peaked at the end of the 3rd quarter vs. ou. We’ve done just enough to win, which is important. But, we’re not exactly tripping over our dick right now. Our record may very well be fools gold, albeit welcomed. There’s a reason we aren’t being talked about nationally despite have the head-to-head advantage over ou and controlling our own destiny in the conference. The Kool-aid is watery.

You are lost and all this started over someone saying that we can take West Virginia. If you don't think we can beat West Virginia then you're clueless and if you do think we can beat them I have no idea what you are arguing.

We gave TCU their worst loss of the season up until they played OU, they mailed it in. We gave up 17 fucking points and 328 yards to Baylor numb nuts. How is that playing like shit? We did shut them down for the vast majority of the game. Kansas State we jumped on and then tried to coast into the OU game, almost bit us in the ass but it didn't. Don't know why only some Texas fans get butt hurt over close wins

Jesse Palmer and Joey Galloway both have us in their top 5 and Galloway has us in his top 4. You're just making shit up. We have the prime time ABC game against a 4-3 Oklahoma State, I think we have people's attention.

Edited by Texas25
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Texas25 said:

You are lost and all this started over someone saying that we can take West Virginia. If you don't think we can beat West Virginia then you're clueless and if you do think we can beat them I have no idea what you are arguing.

We gave TCU their worst loss of the season up until they played OU, they mailed it in. We gave up 17 fucking points and 328 yards to Baylor numb nuts. How is that playing like shit? We did shut them down for the vast majority of the game. Kansas State we jumped on and then tried to coast into the OU game, almost bit us in the ass but it didn't. Don't know why only some Texas fans get butt hurt over close wins

Jesse Palmer and Joey Galloway both have us in their top 5 and Galloway has us in his top 4. You're just making shit up. We have the prime time ABC game against a 4-3 Oklahoma State, I think we have people's attention.

You seem to take this personally. Should we lose to WVU, because we are a year or two away from being a complete football team after 8 years of suckage, I want to ensure that you’re going to be OK. Look at all the positives we have. There are 800 numbers all over the internet to utilize, should you need them. 

You’ve gone full Texags. Never go full aggy.

Look if you cannot have fun being a shitty team that suddenly went on a six game winning streak then I am not sure what will make you happy. I mean seasons like this, where you overachieve, are the best. Just enjoy the ride and hope that clock doesn't strike midnight.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Spankytoes said:

Wut?

We escaped Baylor, had a bye and haven’t played this week yet. Sam was hurt against Baylor but our run game, defense, kicking and special teams were shit. 

So...maybe?

we disagree on things of importance (good burgers in nyc available anywhere) but come on, why so negative this year? sure, good reason to be half empty kind of guy but your take on this year is a bit negative, just saying...

my take: every program has its ups and downs year to year, we aren't facing anything that is historically bad as opposed to normal shit that good teams go through. that being said, i love the horns but we are not champ caliber owning level yet. give me a 70-joe klatt concussion and think texas is back.

• Like 1

A win is a win...  I will take 6 shitty wins over 6 quality losses any day....

This team might be garbage. But it is 6-1 garbage instead of 3-3 trash. That is a good thing.  

This team could easily lose the rest of it's games this year. But on the flip side, this team could go on a terror and smoke anyone unlucky enough to be in the way...  Who knows how it plays out. 

They could have easily lost 3 of 6 of the they won....   They didn't ...  They could have beaten Maryland and were in position to blow out every one else...  They didn't...   

Speculate about could've, would've, should've all you want because it doesn't change shit...  Still 6-1. Still ranked 6th.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, achooloco said:

we disagree on things of importance (good burgers in nyc available anywhere) but come on, why so negative this year? sure, good reason to be half empty kind of guy but your take on this year is a bit negative, just saying...

my take: every program has its ups and downs year to year, we aren't facing anything that is historically bad as opposed to normal shit that good teams go through. that being said, i love the horns but we are not champ caliber owning level yet. give me a 70-joe klatt concussion and think texas is back.

Not negative...just not waiving the Pom poms yet. I am thrilled with how the season has planned out, especially after the miserably hot and wet MD road trip. But, I’m cautiously optimistic. The score doesn’t matter as much as the effort, which is lacking in a lot of areas. We are a “bend don’t break” team right now, which is better than anyone could have predicted after last year. But, we have 1-2 more losses upcoming. One of which may very well be the Big 12 CCG which is where we should expect to be at the end of the year. I think WVU will give us fits and a rematch against a retooled, and pissed off, ou isn’t an easy road. Hell, ISU and Tech have shots.

I get wanting to be excited, but some of our fans have gone from misery to entitlement a little too quickly without objectively weighing our strengths and weaknesses.

Glad to be proven wrong.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

Not negative...just not waiving the Pom poms yet. I am thrilled with how the season has planned out, especially after the miserably hot and wet MD road trip. But, I’m cautiously optimistic. The score doesn’t matter as much as the effort, which is lacking in a lot of areas. We are a “bend don’t break” team right now, which is better than anyone could have predicted after last year. But, we have 1-2 more losses upcoming. One of which may very well be the Big 12 CCG which is where we should expect to be at the end of the year. I think WVU will give us fits and a rematch against a retooled, and pissed off, ou isn’t an easy road. Hell, ISU and Tech have shots.

I get wanting to be excited, but some of our fans have gone from misery to entitlement a little too quickly without objectively weighing our strengths and weaknesses.

Glad to be proven wrong.

fair...you're a half glass full kind of guy. nothing wrong with that. point being, you aren't wrong but you aren't correct IMO overall. the fans might be entitled but the kids playing have nothing in common losing wise, with their predecessors from 2010-2018 aside from the school they represent. and i definitely believe that ND and KSU had our number for years but this group of youngsters and herman are starting something new IMO. sometimes you carry the stigma, sometimes you break the mold. i honestly believe the herman teams will play to their own mythologies and it will take a readjustment on the part of the fans. ksu and tcu dogged us in the aughts and early teens of 2000s but herman will beat them; but he'll have his own demons to face, hopefully nothing too bad. (night games at isu..shudder). agree with bend dont break. i think it is very difficult to beat a team twice but i'm not convinced ou plays for the b12 title against us.

40 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

Glad to be proven wrong.

DJTrCNEVAAArFBm.gif

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Pretty chilly last night in Morgantown, I wonder how the hill people kept warm.

Couches...lots of couches.

It really wasn't bad.  40's with no wind or snow is good football weather here.   I'm packing up to go home now.  Baylor did not look  good at all.  I think their QB play was the worst we have seen all year.  It was nice to get out of the funk that our offence has been in for 2-1/2  games. 

Now we actually start the hard part of our schedule.  If our O-line doesn't learn to run block, we are in for a long few upcoming weeks.

Go Mountaineers!!!

11 hours ago, Spankytoes said:

Or maybe we shot our wad against ou, USC is down and TCU just sucks this year?

We’ll have our hands full.

If it takes damn near a month for someone to be able to recover enough to shoot another wad, they need to check out getroman.com.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Spankytoes said:

Glad to be proven wrong.

2l0wcl.jpg

Couches...lots of couches.
It really wasn't bad.  40's with no wind or snow is good football weather here.   I'm packing up to go home now.  Baylor did not look  good at all.  I think their QB play was the worst we have seen all year.  It was nice to get out of the funk that our offence has been in for 2-1/2  games. 
Now we actually start the hard part of our schedule.  If our O-line doesn't learn to run block, we are in for a long few upcoming weeks.
Go Mountaineers!!!
I was there with my son who is a freshman at wvu. No wind but it was still pretty damn cold.

I guess some guy jumped over the side of the upper deck during the game. We were on the other side and were wondering why everyone was gathered round looking over.

I'll be back in a couple of weeks for TCU.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Texas25 said:

We held Baylor to 328 yards and their lowest point total all season, how is that playing like shit?

I'm not going to argue with your assessment of the victory but you all did not "knock Grier out" unless you're using it in a generic sense for any time a player leaves the game due to injury.  He knocked himself out, or maybe the pylon did.  I will point out Grier left in Q1.  At the end of Q1 ESPN still gave us a 52% chance of victory.  Obviously, losing him was devastating.

Also, I'm too lazy to find the post about our loss to Utah but we were down 7 starters, including QB1, RB1, and 3 starters on our OLine.  Our QB2 should have never been on scholarship.  He transferred out before spring practice started the following year.  We couldn't run or pass with only 4remaining starters.

The Utah game did highlight one glaring weakness, depth.  Your backups are probably ranked more highly than our starters.  Holgs has done a very good job of finding grads to help mitigate that problem.  We're as deep at WR and RB this year as I can remember.