Baylor @ WVU - FS1 - Thurs. Night CFB

El Diablo

10 minutes ago, Greg Davis Apologist said:

Anyone want to predict the WVU line next week?

prob anywhere from pick em to WVU +7.  If it falls in there I'm taking that action all day.  

Edited by SDG

1 hour ago, BachelorTrek said:

In the old SWC, there were 3 teams that would finish their regular season schedules with Texas (in order, Tech, Baylor, aggy), and each team would usually take their week off to prepare for us, too.  It enabled more max-effort without having to play the next week.

That was just part of the hatred that ultimately doomed the SWC.

----In that vein, I bet that, now that Texas is no longer the pushover that we were, TCU will no longer schedule big-boy non-conference teams (like Ohio State this year) the week before playing us.  It definitely showed TCU can't at this point survive a true grind of a hard schedule.

Your claim is that Tech took a bye, played UT, then took two more bye weeks?  Three bye weeks in each season, all in the last four weeks? 

A quick check of results back to 1973 shows no season that Tech played Texas after November 4th, until A&M left the Big 12.  Every year that Tech ended the season with UT since then, the game was in Austin.  It also shows that Tech had at least two games after the Texas game in every one of those seasons.  There were five seasons that Tech had a bye the week before Texas.  Not nearly every season.  But what the hell with reality and trying to make The University of Texas a victim and a downtrodden underdog and all

1 minute ago, DeadArmadillo said:

Your claim is that Tech took a bye, played UT, then took two more bye weeks?  Three bye weeks in each season, all in the last four weeks? 

A quick check of results back to 1973 shows no season that Tech played Texas after November 4th, until A&M left the Big 12.  Every year that Tech ended the season with UT since then, the game was in Austin.  It also shows that Tech had at least two games after the Texas game in every one of those seasons.  There were five seasons that Tech had a bye the week before Texas.  Not nearly every season.  But what the hell with reality and trying to make The University of Texas a victim and a downtrodden underdog and all

I already said that the byes before finishing their regular season schedules with Texas didn't happen EVERY season.

However, the Tech ending their season, then Baylor ending their season, and then aggy ending their season -- all playing Texas happened for many, many years, and you didn't refute it, because it happened, and you can go look that up, too, if you want.

9 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

I already said that the byes before finishing their regular season schedules with Texas didn't happen EVERY season.

However, the Tech ending their season, then Baylor ending their season, and then aggy ending their season -- all playing Texas happened for many, many years, and you didn't refute it, because it happened, and you can go look that up, too, if you want.

Edited by BachelorTrek
double-edit

18 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

And in some of those years, you can replace TCU for Tech.

7 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

How do you totally implode after the way they played against us?  I just don't get it.

Probably a lot of folks asking similar questions about us versus Baylor after the OU win...albeit not an implosion per se...

Sam is gonna change all that though.......I'm confident.   I just hope the defense tightens things up.

Edited by HuntinHorn

30 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

I did refute it.  I said:It also shows that Tech had at least two games after the Texas game in every one of those seasons"

I also just checked all the way back to 1960, Tech's first year to play football in the SWC.  In ever season that Tech and UT played a conference game, Tech had AT LEAST two more games after the UT game.  Every one of them. They had never ended their season with Texas in the Southwest Conference and not in the Big 12 until after A&M left.  And even then, those three games were in Austin on Thanksgiving weekend.  I really don't know why you're arguing.  It's clear that you made some stuff up or you have a really and entirely inaccurate memory.  I wouldn't be bothering with it but I'm stuck in Fort Stockton tonight.  Days in Fort Stockton are 29 hours long