Cold & Flu Season

RPM

First off, let me just say fuck colds in the goats ass... dry. But I digress. I always get a flu shot and know it's a crapshoot as to whether they chose the right strain, but ounce of prevention and all that. Unfortunately, there isn't a cold shot or you can bet your ass I'd get one of those, too. My work requires me to make face to face contact with lots of people often from different parts of the world. I use the crap out of hand sanitizer but that doesn't stop airborne transmission and as usual I've got another fucking cold.

Headache, sniffling, sneezing and general just feeling like crap. DayQuil, NyQuil, Emergen-C and Cold-Eeze are my regimen during the work week, but all they do is treat the symptoms. I've tried Zycam in the past, but it didn't appear to do anything at all. So in conclusion, fuck colds. Guess I should be happy I don't have the ebola or some southeast asian bird flu.

When I hear people say they don't get the flu shot because they either 1) don't work or 2) it gave them the flu, I just roll my eyes.  I find it funny that people don't listen to doctors.  Flu shots are typically free or at most $15 with most insurance providers.  Just get it.

Edited by pearlandhorn