Saturday NFL: Texans @ Jets/Browns @ Broncos

spystud13

Just now, Message Board User said:

Had anybody but Hue been HC in Week 1 the Browns would probably be 9-5 now.  Oh well - good times are ahead.  

Crazy to think. I appreciate Williams’ willingness to be aggressive down there at the end. It’d be nice for a team to believe they can get one yard without an interior run though. 

Just now, Constant said:

Crazy to think. I appreciate Williams’ willingness to be aggressive down there at the end. It’d be nice for a team to believe they can get one yard without an interior run though. 

I like the decision to go for it - didn't like the play call.  Should have kept the ball in Baker's hands.

Only additions that are needed in the offseason are a true #1 WR (Colin Johnson?), a DT, and an OT.

2 minutes ago, Constant said:

Good decision to go for it by Williams, bad move to take the timeout by Williams, unimaginative playcall running into a stacked box by Kitchens (who has generally been very good).

2 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

I like the decision to go for it - didn't like the play call.  Should have kept the ball in Baker's hands.

Only additions that are needed in the offseason are a true #1 WR (Colin Johnson?), a DT, and an OT.

IDL is very deep this draft. If someone like N'Keal Harry is available, I might take him and see what falls to you in the second round on defense.

Edited by Machinator

58 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Had anybody but Hue been HC in Week 1 the Browns would probably be 9-5 now.  Oh well - good times are ahead.  

Yep. They could be a wild card team right now had they just won that game. They also should have beaten the Saints the next week but had a god awful kicker. I enjoy it when the Browns are good, which hasn't been since what, 2002? Then you have to go to the mid 90s. They have sucked but their fans are still passionate about their team. Same as the Bills. I enjoy when they are good, too. Which is also very rare these days.

9 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Got it!

Sucks for them that they wasted their time with hue.

They havent made the playoffs since they came back right? Drafted courtney brown?

They made it in 2002. They actually had a 3 score lead against the Steelers in that wild card game but blew it. Tim Couch was the QB. That was a very entertaining game. The only appearance since they came back. 

Edited by Vic Mackey

8 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Yep. They could be a wild card team right now had they just won that game. They also should have beaten the Saints the next week but had a god awful kicker. I enjoy it when the Browns are good, which hasn't been since what, 2002? Then you have to go to the mid 90s. They have sucked but their fans are still passionate about their team. Same as the Bills. I enjoy when they are good, too. Which is also very rare these days.

It was obvious to everyone that Baker was the best QB on the roster but Hue started Tyrod until he was injured.  He also started turnstile UDFA Desmond Harrison at LT from week 1, which was almost as ridiculously stupid as his QB decision.  Replacing him with Greg Robinson (who isn't exactly Orlando Pace) has been a godsend.

• Like 2