2019 ATP/WTA thread

spystud13

This chart is pretty incredible. Highlights the sheer dominance of Federer, Djokovic, and Nadal since 2003.
2386k65haj531.png
Between September 2004 and July of 2012, there was only one major championship won by someone other than those three. Almost eight years where they won every single major save for one. Incredible.

54 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:
On 6/20/2019 at 11:32 PM, satyanash said:
This chart is pretty incredible. Highlights the sheer dominance of Federer, Djokovic, and Nadal since 2003.
2386k65haj531.png

Between September 2004 and July of 2012, there was only one major championship won by someone other than those three. Almost eight years where they won every single major save for one. Incredible.

Robin Soderling?

23 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Robin Soderling?

del Potro. Federer blew a two-sets-to-one lead against him in the 2009 U.S. Open final.

Had Federer not let that one slip away, he would have held all four slams after winning the Australian Open to kick off the following year.

Edited by satyanash

5 hours ago, satyanash said:

del Potro. Federer blew a two-sets-to-one lead against him in the 2009 U.S. Open final.

Had Federer not let that one slip away, he would have held all four slams after winning the Australian Open to kick off the following year.

He was up a break as well, IIRC.

23 hours ago, satyanash said:

I don’t know if I am misquoting or not, but I am pretty sure Delpo is currently the youngest major winner on tour.  He will be 31 in September and Cilic is a couple of days older (I think).  Regardless of how dominant the Big 3 have been, it’s pretty sad that not one player currently in their 20’s has ever won a major.

On 6/20/2019 at 10:32 PM, satyanash said:

2386k65haj531.png

It's fun comparing that to the number of women's winners over the same time frame and especially lately.  And that's even including Serena winning the most ever.  When Naomi won the Australian this year, it ended a streak of 8 different winners in the previous 8 women's slams.

Edited by WBT

• 3 weeks later...