Please to Learn Me Square for to Take the Moneys

I sell artsy widgets online-- paintings, shrunken heads, meat helmets, nothing out of the ordinary.

In the coming months I want to add in-person sales at art shows. I last did this in the 80s when people used actual dollars that were made from fired clay and weighed 50 pounds, but now I understand that it would be foolish to only accept cash or checks.

I want to take all the money, from everybody. A guy don't come in that door lest he wants to spend money. I don't want the steak knife prize.

So Square appears to be one way to go. I plan to use it with an old iPad or an old iPhone, because stuff grows legs sometimes when it's new and shiny.

Anybody sell stuff with a Square reader? Which one you use? How did it work out for you? Are their competitors that you like better? Extra points if anything passes the boot test (Boot test: I didn't see it, and I stepped on it with my boot, but it survived.)

Square is great. Simple to set up and easy to use. But also tell people you take the venmo and you can get away from the 2.5-3% square dings you in fees. I was a bit surprised at how many people are willing to use venmo for commercial transactions. But I'm not complaining. 

• Like 1