Rec me a last minute solo trip somewhere warm

Not a cat

2 hours ago, Not a cat said:

All right I probably should have gone about it this way to start to narrow down the options and not waste all of your time but from MSP those days I found the following 3 reasonable non-stops- Liberia, Punta Cana, and Montego Bay.  

I can't find shit for hotels near the beach in CR so I'm down to DR and Jamaica.  I'm leaning toward Jamaica.  Seems safe and laid back.  Any reason not to book that?  And can i just lie on the beach smoking ganja all day or is that just for locals?  

Depends. How do you feel about kids? If you are solo, you need to look towards Ocho Rios or Negril. 

DR, without question.

Montego Bay is good, but if you are there you should head to Negril, 7 mile beach is great and there is options from small beach boutique hotels to huge all inclusive resorts. Head to Rick's to watch the drunks jump off the cliffs and the sunset. If you want something more low key and less touristy on the cliffs Xtabi is pretty good.

For such a short trip, logistics can make a big difference. I'd choose Miami since you can probably get a direct flight and within an hour of landing you can be walking on the beach or sitting in on a restaurant/bar patio with a cold one in hand. Same convenience on the return trip.

Bernard