Precooking a brisket the day before serving

Hey guys, I'm wanting to smoke a brisket the Saturday before the Super Bowl to serve on Sunday at my family's watch party.  I'm wondering what the best process is in both packaging it up after it's cooked and what is the best way to reheat it.  I'm planning on also smoking some baby back ribs and fresh sausage on Sunday, so I was wondering if it would be a good idea to reheat it in the smoker at the same time?  Also, what temp should I reheat it to?  Anybody have experience doing this?  Any advice or tips?  Thanks!

On 1/16/2019 at 10:07 PM, Hairy Biped said:

Hey guys, I'm wanting to smoke a brisket the Saturday before the Super Bowl to serve on Sunday at my family's watch party.  I'm wondering what the best process is in both packaging it up after it's cooked and what is the best way to reheat it.  I'm planning on also smoking some baby back ribs and fresh sausage on Sunday, so I was wondering if it would be a good idea to reheat it in the smoker at the same time?  Also, what temp should I reheat it to?  Anybody have experience doing this?  Any advice or tips?  Thanks!

i've done this and they come out great. Smoke it, wrap it in butcher paper, re-heat in the butcher paper in an aluminum pan until internal temp hits 140.

• Like 1