Things to do in Negril, Jamaica

Parliament

It's been about 3 years since we last went, so probably some new stuff that's good but here are some favorites:

Jerk Chicken or grilled lobster (more casual - order at bar):  Best in the West on the beach side, Three Dives on the Cliffs.

Dinner:  Kuyaba, Angelas (good pizza) on the beach side; Ivan's @ Catcha Falling Star, LTU Pub or Rockhouse on the Cliffs.

Do the traditional Rick's Cafe for Sunset but don't eat there.  Eat at one of the other places above on the Cliffs.  Really every meal I've had up there has been pretty solid.  Lot's of solid options. Best thing about Negril is the food so - just be prepared for slow service (Island time)

Bars:  Day drinking - pretty much any place on the beach will do.  Alfred's or Bourbon Beach for live music (alternating nights).

Excursion:  Pelican Bar

• Like 1

Take the bus to Rick's. Jump off the cliff (YOLO).

When I was there I rented a dirt bike (motorcycle) for cheap, they assigned me a guide for a few dollars more and we went into the Mountains. One of the best days ever.

My vehicle looked to be almost new and in good condition. Don'r rent a crappy rusty one, use good judgement. It being Jamaica, they charged me extra for a helmet, lol

The mushroom tea will make you sick, don't drink it, likewise, the mushrooms they sell are laced with angel dust (rumor?). 

Impressive Ganga is available at rock bottom. 

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

I found Jamaica to be a complete shithole.  

Montego Bay with all of the cruise traffic is, but I'm a big fan of Negril.  All depends on what you're looking for.  Not a luxury destination, that's for sure, but you don't go to Jamaica for 5 star accommodations.