John Candy- 25Years Ago 3/4

Post Oak

Had a commercial breach of contract case where the chick who played the townie girlfriend of John Candy's son in The Great Outdoors handled the matter for the other side.  She is a very good attorney who practices in Colorado.  I told her when the case was done how much I loved that movie.  She laughed and told me how much fun they had making that picture.
Lucy Deakins

15 hours ago, Scooter Monzingo said:

I am in agreement 100%. When Candy got mad at Garrison (Costner) in the lunch scene. I actually felt like he must have had an unreported off screen incident with Costner that allowed him to generate that level of emotion. I, like most people at the time. Believed John Candy to be a comedic actor who was gifted with excellent timing, but lacked the chops to deliver dramatic lines in that way. And in hindsight I wish he would have lived long enough to have had the opportunity to see just how far he could have gone with it.

I also agree with you on Robin Williams. He gets a huge nod by most for Patch Adams. But, I remember him more for his role as Dr Cozy Carlisle in Dead Again. Maybe his demons helped him find the depth of the character that he was portraying. But the guy was simply amazing doing drama.

I agree on JFK. He can go from a smarmy sleazeball ("Cashew pieces?") to "You're as crazy as yo mama!". Dude was awesome. 

Only the Lonely might be my favorite of his films. He and O'Hara were just great.

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

Had a commercial breach of contract case where the chick who played the townie girlfriend of John Candy's son in The Great Outdoors handled the matter for the other side.  She is a very good attorney who practices in Colorado.  I told her when the case was done how much I loved that movie.  She laughed and told me how much fun they had making that picture.

Lawyer, schmawyer. She still hot?