Mail Theft - Northwest Austin

M12BH

Some GODDAM FUCKING ASSHOLE stole my outgoing mail on Tuesday.  I opened my front door to walk the dogs at about 1PM and saw an older, silver or tan Honda-ish car with containing two individuals with straight dark brown or black hair suddenly close my mailbox and drive away down the street. Went to look and sure enough, a birthday card and a form that I was mailing to the IRS were both missing.  Now I have a client whose SSN is in potentially nefarious hands.  Flagged down the mail carrier about an hour later and he said he knew this thing had been happening in the area but it was mostly going on in the wee hours of the morning. This was the first he'd heard of the thieves operating in daylight hours.   @jimmyjazz he mentioned your street in particular so watch out.

One of my neighbors has a door cam and caught a female coming up to her  mailbox and leaving suddenly in a suspicious manner when she saw the camera.  I'm waiting on the video to see if I can identify who's in it.

Anyway, this pisses me off way more than it should, probably, I've had my car broken into and my house, but the fucking mail -- I mean that's low.  What if there was a letter to or from my dying grandmother, or a birthday card to my niece or nephew.  I guess it's time for a locked mailbox.  Fuckers.  

Obligatory white privilege comment - some dick on the neighborhood group mentioned that tan Hondas are the cars most likely to be implicated in crime and we should look into banning them from our neighborhood.  Um, no. /Cloak room.