What's my next step? No fault car accident.

On 4/1/2019 at 12:57 PM, HRSchenker said:

Is that still a thing? My wife and I drove through Tulsa a few years ago and some dickhead threw a full sized beer bottle at our windshield. We called Tulsa PD and they refused to send out an officer. Told us to go to a QT gas station, get a blank report, fill it out, and mail it to their HQ. Her insurance covered everything but damn I was surprised that they wouldn't take a report.

Was in a car accident Saturday night with my girlfriend. Some dumb fuck swerved right in front of us trying to make a turn into his residence and hit us head on. 100% his fault. A Dallas police officer arrived about 30min later and he refused to take a report. Said it is not necessary unless a crime was committed or public property was damaged. But he was a useless fuck who didn't want to be there so it could have been that. A police report is not necessary for an auto accident but it can help, especially if a witness was there who can give an unbiased report of what happened. But even after all that, it plays little role in the insurance company's decision on the matter.

14 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Can’t you can exclude people from your policy to reduce the cost

So, in my experience, everybody in the household is covered, unless you exclude them. 

So, if you've got a loser 20 year old son with speeding tickets and a DUI (I don't, thankfully) you're gonna pay through the nose unless you specifically exclude him from the policy.