You shoot me in a dream...

TexArcher

Who ripped it off of Mohammed Ali.  Which is what makes the scene in Swingers even better when they discuss how everybody steals from everybody after referencing Reservoir Dogs.  The laugh out loud moment is how the gang heads out the alley walking together like the crew of thieves from 'Dogs', but the inside chuckle was it's Favreau/Liman saying they're doing it to Quentin who did it to Spike Lee who did to Ali (obviously not a filmmaker).  Favreau is one those filmmakers that I honestly believe when he talks about where he gets his inspiration from and how he pays homage here and there.  Most of those guys just say it to found humble.  

Steven Wright deserved an Oscar. 

13 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Who ripped it off of Mohammed Ali.  Which is what makes the scene in Swingers even better when they discuss how everybody steals from everybody after referencing Reservoir Dogs.  The laugh out loud moment is how the gang heads out the alley walking together like the crew of thieves from 'Dogs', but the inside chuckle was it's Favreau/Liman saying they're doing it to Quentin who did it to Spike Lee who did to Ali (obviously not a filmmaker).  Favreau is one those filmmakers that I honestly believe when he talks about where he gets his inspiration from and how he pays homage here and there.  Most of those guys just say it to found humble.  

Steven Wright deserved an Oscar. 

well they talk specifically about tarantino stealing stuff from scorsese (right before they steal the scene from tarantino).  i highly doubt "do the right thing", spike lee, or muhammed ali were anywhere close to their line of thinking.

as a starter of many movie line threads, i just found this one interesting for the reason i stated.