Let’s talk about 6 baby, Let’s talk about 2019-2020 LFC

Firemans4Horn

I'm glad we won a trophy that we've never won before but I wonder why there's so much apathy toward this tournament, from myself included. Obviously the travel, the extra games, the risk of injury (god I hope Ox isn't seriously hurt), but it's a pretty cool tournament in theory. Flamengo is the biggest club in South America by a wide margin and the opportunity to play them in a competitive fixture should be pretty exciting.

I think UEFA arrogance plays a big part, and it does feel like a bit of a money grab for FIFA, while also being played in the busiest time of the season, but I think it should be a bigger deal than we make it out to be. 

I'm glad we won a trophy that we've never won before but I wonder why there's so much apathy toward this tournament, from myself included. Obviously the travel, the extra games, the risk of injury (god I hope Ox isn't seriously hurt), but it's a pretty cool tournament in theory. Flamengo is the biggest club in South America by a wide margin and the opportunity to play them in a competitive fixture should be pretty exciting.
I think UEFA arrogance plays a big part, and it does feel like a bit of a money grab for FIFA, while also being played in the busiest time of the season, but I think it should be a bigger deal than we make it out to be. 

Yeah pretty much all that. Klopp in interviews before match was talking about how the south american teams are sent over to win it and european teams think the CL is the top of the mountain. Im sure there is a better date they could squeeze it in also.

Now that we have won it im not sure if we'll care much in the future. I only wanted it to complete the set