You don't have one of these, do you Jack?

usmc0331horn

49 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i'm a pretty good lip reader, at least in terms of sidelines/dugouts, and i still have trouble understanding when they're mouthing "ritter".  not sure i would've been able to get that.

They're both CIA, and the CIA trains their people for such things.

As far as forgettable 90's movies go, C&PD is surprisingly memorable.

On 6/24/2019 at 9:38 AM, mdmost said:

The guy who played Ritter was a great 90s shitbag in the same vein as William Atherton. Mission Impossible, Clear and Present Danger, The Ice Storm. He's going to be in a white people's version of Get Out that's coming soon called Ready or Not. 

I don't recall that line ?

18 hours ago, MAUFRAIS said:

Why did the drug lords take the commandos prisoner? If they remade this today all those guys would’ve been turned into soup.

18 hours ago, Parliament said:

To use as leverage?  Felix Cortez caught them.  He could use them to "buy" consideration from Ritter.

I always assumed that, since Cortez was a Cuban Intel officer, he convinced Escobedo to capture them in order to wring information out of them, in order to extort whoever he could.  To an Intel guy, info is more valuable than blow.

2 hours ago, MAUFRAIS said:

It also wouldn’t have been a good climax for the movie, just finding two oil drums full of marine lasagna.

I think the disgusting cut off your dick and balls and stuff them down your throat while they peel the skin off your face and work you over with a blow torch before liquefying your body in a vat of acid is the more recent behavior of mexicans.  I thought the colombians back in the day just shot you and put you in a ditch.

now, I could be very wrong about all of that.  

5 hours ago, futureman said:

I think the disgusting cut off your dick and balls and stuff them down your throat while they peel the skin off your face and work you over with a blow torch before liquefying your body in a vat of acid is the more recent behavior of mexicans.  I thought the colombians back in the day just shot you and put you in a ditch.

now, I could be very wrong about all of that.  

I wouldn’t google Colombian necktie.