ss13

2020 UFC/MMA thread

"You landed 76% of nearly 300 attempts tonight."

"I coulda been a little sharper."

Jesus, Dustin's ridiculous.

10 hours ago, ss13 said:

dustin-poirier-dan-hooker-ufc-on-espn-12

So pink judge had that 4th round a 10-8 rd for Dustin. Wtf was I thinking when watching it live?

also

Dustin did his thing, gotta respect it. Felt like Hooker was out of the fight in the 4th and 5th. I was surprised they didn't remark on how he was scared to let his hands go. Compared to 1 and 2 when he had combos, body work, counter-punching.... He couldn't even throw a 1-2 without looking completely gassed in round 4. All takedown attempts. If it was boxing I would've guessed he broke a hand or something. 

Wonder how many 5-round decisions have been lost by the guy that unanimously won the first two? Can’t be many. 

26 minutes ago, JohnnyRage said:

Too bad Masvidal has party mode vs fight ready mode.

He’s claiming he’s ready to fight right now if they wanna call him. So is Covington lol. I really would like to see them find a replacement instead of just booting this fight off the card. 

Usman didn't even fly. They aren't replacing the fight imo.

Best case scenario is one of those dudes step in like 2 weeks from now.

Even then I don't think Usman wants that smoke without a full training camp

I'm afraid he's gonna get his ass kicked, and he has a built in excuse. But if he gets his payday, fuck it. It's what he's been fighting for.

This is so blisteringly ridiculous. They couldn’t get a deal done with months to talk, but suddenly can in 24 hours? Whatever, more fights for us if it miraculously happens. 

15 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I wonder which side caved in negotiations. 

Dana. Fight Island ain’t cheap, he needs those PPV buys. Volkanovski/Holloway don’t move the needle much. 

3 minutes ago, ss13 said:

Dana. Fight Island ain’t cheap, he needs those PPV buys. Volkanovski/Holloway don’t move the needle much. 

That would make the most sense, but it doesn’t seem like something Dana would do lol. I thought he would just choose another cheaper welterweight out of spite. Either way, let’s fucking go