Awful horrible bad shit is happening in the USA right now, if you are afraid of your fucking feelings getting hurt this isn't the website for you. ×
TwiceHorn

High Town on Starz

Posted (edited)

Cape Cod, drugs, murder, queers, cokehead drunken lesbian slut cop, and the reliable James Badge Dale.

First ep was suitably chaotic.

Promising.

Edited by TwiceHorn

Yep, all that was in the first 10-15 minutes. My wife and I visited P-Town once about 6 years ago. Beautiful town with great art galleries, stores and restaurants. But had no idea It catered so much to the gay population. This show should be good but dark. 

Re-reading my post, "queers" looks pejorative or derogatory.  Wasn't intended that way, just as it is used today to encompass LGBTQ if I got that right.  Which is probably the singular queer.

Whitey Bulger spent a lot of time in Provincetown and it was speculated (and known) that he was bisexual, but P-town was the big tipoff.

34 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

Yep, all that was in the first 10-15 minutes. My wife and I visited P-Town once about 6 years ago. Beautiful town with great art galleries, stores and restaurants. But had no idea It catered so much to the gay population. This show should be good but dark. 

Gay Summer Mecca. Surprise, you’re both gay! 

Posted (edited)

Episode 2 was pretty good, too.

I'm kind of a fool for low-rent New England as a setting for just about anything.

Edited by TwiceHorn

Pretty good first 2 episodes. Wife(pregnant at the time) and I went to P-town in 2013. Had a good time even though the gays were pretty damn aggressive toward me. Had my ass grabbed and my wife just laughed at me.