High Town on Starz

TwiceHorn

Yep, all that was in the first 10-15 minutes. My wife and I visited P-Town once about 6 years ago. Beautiful town with great art galleries, stores and restaurants. But had no idea It catered so much to the gay population. This show should be good but dark. 

Re-reading my post, "queers" looks pejorative or derogatory.  Wasn't intended that way, just as it is used today to encompass LGBTQ if I got that right.  Which is probably the singular queer.

Whitey Bulger spent a lot of time in Provincetown and it was speculated (and known) that he was bisexual, but P-town was the big tipoff.

34 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

Yep, all that was in the first 10-15 minutes. My wife and I visited P-Town once about 6 years ago. Beautiful town with great art galleries, stores and restaurants. But had no idea It catered so much to the gay population. This show should be good but dark. 

Gay Summer Mecca. Surprise, you’re both gay! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/18/2020 at 8:42 PM, TwiceHorn said:

Re-reading my post, "queers" looks pejorative or derogatory.  Wasn't intended that way, just as it is used today to encompass LGBTQ if I got that right.  Which is probably the singular queer.

Reminds me of Michael Scott talking to Oscar- 

Um, let me ask you, is there a term besides "Mexican" that you prefer? Something less offensive?

• Like 2

I've been watching this show because the actor who plays Osito is good friends with my best friend from high school and I'm not sure I've ever wanted the bad guys to win at the end of a show more. Good god, Ray and Jackie are BRUTAL. Ray is just the worst cop show stereotype; lazy, blustery, doesn't seem to do anything right and is shady as hell and continues to get to work as a detective. On one hand I commend the writers for making Jackie unlikable. She almost kills a chick in a car accident because she's drunk and high and refuses to stay sober. That's a realistic portrayal of some addicts behavior you don't see portrayed in characters who are supposed to be protagonists, BUT in a narrative sense it sucks because there's no reason we should want to see her be successful.

Anyway, there are lots of tits in this show so that's good.

• Like 1

I missed last night's ep and will catch up probably today.

I'm enjoying this show in part because of the -- to say the least -- ambivalence of the characters.  The portrayal of addicts so far seems honest and realistic.  Pretty impressed with the acting from Jackie.  Always like JBD.

Junior seems to be the real protagonist.  Reminds me quite a bit of Nick Sobotka and not just the physical resemblance.

Too many dicks in the last one, though.

Edited by TwiceHorn

i've been enjoying that show, but nothing groundbreaking. (not that i need groundbreaking)

• I have learned that dope sick junkies flip easily in interrogation rooms.
  • i am with you on Ray being the worst stereotype out there.
  • tying to wrap my head around the Osito/Kathleen relationship.
Edited by yoladu

10 minutes ago, BBQ2Bayou said:

I like it. Glad it was brought up here because I forgot I had access to Starz and rarely watch it because it's not in my regular guide, only the app. 

Starz is pretty good for a "throwaway" channel.  Got a good selection of not-quite-first-run movies and their series are decent to good (Power was/is pretty good).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Starz is pretty good for a "throwaway" channel.  Got a good selection of not-quite-first-run movies and their series are decent to good (Power was/is pretty good).

the younger sister on Vida was worth a casual watch. She got naked a lot.

Also, fun little trivia note.  If the opening song sounds vaguely familiar, it's a song called Vacation by the Textones, which was an Austin band fronted by Carla Olson and included one of the Go Gos.  

It got morphed into the Go Gos Vacation.

I was able to watch the first episode but when I try to watch anything beyond that I get a message that I need to purchase the Starz app. When I get the option to log in through a TV provider, AT&T TV, which we have, isn’t an option. Despite the eight Starz Encore channels we pay for

2 minutes ago, mr. sunshine said:

I was able to watch the first episode but when I try to watch anything beyond that I get a message that I need to purchase the Starz app. When I get the option to log in through a TV provider, AT&T TV, which we have, isn’t an option. Despite the eight Starz Encore channels we pay for

Hmm, that's odd.  You should be able to find most of the eps on on demand.  But hurry.

When I go to the login screen, I get ATT as well as Dish and Direct (isn't ATTTV one of those?).

Edited by TwiceHorn

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

Hmm, that's odd.  You should be able to find most of the eps on on demand.  But hurry.

I’ve searched for episodes repeatedly but no dice. Original episodes air on Sundays right? Doesn’t even show up in the channel guide. I take it that Starz and Starz Encore are two different critters and fuck me if I’m paying for another TV app

On 6/16/2020 at 7:24 AM, thrillhammer said:

bitch needs to get back on the wagon.  she's brutal when she drinks.  hard to watch.

This is pretty realistic, actually, in my experience and observation.  She took that one drink and wasn't struck by lighting and within 24 hours was doing stupider shit than what got her sober in the first place.

This is pretty realistic, actually, in my experience and observation.  She took that one drink and wasn't struck by lighting and within 24 hours was doing stupider shit than what got her sober in the first place.

I wonder if anything sexual happened between her and her male co-worker(naked) when they woke up hungover as fuck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...