The Chi

Seasick Sailor

Yep, watched the entire first season. Pretty entertaining though this could have set in any hood. Being from Chicago, this show didn’t have an authentic Chicago feel to it. It was also a little too Hollywood; the actors really didn’t seem hood enough. The Wire had raw actors which gave it that “hood” feel. Some of it was unrealistic too. Showtime probably didn’t allow Common to make it as raw as he would have liked.

• 3 years later...

Just rewatched the first season of The Chi. They’re running a marathon on Showtime.  I started watching it back in 2018, but life got in the way.

It’s a pretty good first season.  Haven’t seen  2 and 3 yet.

• 8 months later...

Damn, did a search and this was all I saw. 5 posts? c’mon. Binged 1st season and the ending of S2e1 made me look for it here. Got a lot to go to catch up, but wanted to resurrect this to see if anyone still watching. Chicago makes you watch out for the sorry sob stories and the way the gang fucked the grandma up had me livid. Had an experience with “kids” selling cable once at my complex and it drew me back in. Love the way it shows one murder butterfly affects the different groups.

lived in Chicago 2013 thru 2015 when I was 23-26ish. At a point in life now where I can spend 5 sunny months in Chicago/elsewhere and then come back down for the other 7 in Austin. Looking forward to getting back up there

Edited by StassneyHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1