2022 Australian Open

shadow_operative2.0

26 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Collins breaks Tauson at love to win it. Tauson looked like a zombie her final service game wtf

She’s Danish and she’s fleshy. My guess is that Tauson was running on fumes. McBeth’s kingdom for a night match. 

Feisty win by Collins. I was pulling against her from the moment ESPN2 started coverage of the match, but she persevered. 

I had a Danish amiga down in Buenos Aires and a slight bit of aji 🌶 in the oil that a fish was deep fried in burned her mouth so much that she couldn’t eat any more and she was flushed red in the face & neck. Danes aren’t the best with the heat, whether it’s spice or temperature 🌡.

Some of Tauson’s forehands late just seemed so much slower than needed and the balls flared out wide. 

Hope that Collins loses in the next round. Hope that Tauson avoids brutal heat in her next several tournaments. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I think that Sinner is very good.

Nothing about Sinner's personality appeals to me as a tennis fan. He's so boringly Germanic (Tyrolian sp?)l, but he can play.

Shapovalov is interesting and is fun to watch, both due to his play and his on-court energy.

Most of my favorite young players are women, but Alcaraz would probably be one of my preferred 21 & under men's players. There may be another, but I"m tired. (I'm torn on that Baylor guy, because he went to Baylor for Christ's sake, how can anyone pull for a player who voluntarily does that?)

---------------

Ash Barty is an easy-going assassin. Just ruthless. 

Edited by Napoleon

7 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I think that Sinner is very good.

Nothing about Sinner's personality appeals to me as a tennis fan. He's so boringly Germanic (Tyrolian sp?)l, but he can play.

Shapovalov is interesting and is fun to watch, both due to his play and his on-court energy.

Most of my favorite young players are women, but Alcaraz would probably be one of my preferred 21 & under men's players. There may be another, but I"m tired. (I'm torn on that Baylor guy, because he went to Baylor for Christ's sake, how can anyone pull for a player who voluntarily does that?)

Baylor guy you’re thinking of is Jenson Brooksby. Him and Korda are my 2 favorite American men players currently, but Cressy is also fun to watch just because you don’t see serve and volley on tour anymore, but I suppose if you’re 6’7” with a big serve….he’s proof that you can still be successful on tour as a serve and volleyer.

Also, Brooksby never played for Baylor. He took a semester of classes at Baylor before going pro, but that tennis season was all canceled due to Covid19 so he never played a college match 

Edited by perfectchaos007

1 minute ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Baylor guy you’re thinking of is Jensen Brooksby. Him and Korda are my 2 favorite American men players currently, but Cressy is also fun to watch just because you don’t see serve and volley on tour anymore, but I suppose if you’re 6’7” with a big serve….he’s proof that you can still be successful on tour as a serve and volleyer 

I like Korda a lot!

Forgot that I forgot about him. He sometimes is a little too calm & collected on the court, but he's going to be something for the next 13 years or so.

Don't like Musetti after his antics last year down in Mexico. Plus, that hairy mole shit is disgusting. He's not a 78+ year-old great-aunt, he's a teenager. Get that shit sliced off.

• Hook 'Em 2

51 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Simona out to Cornet, first Slam QF in 63 tries for the Frenchie. 

18 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Cressy forcing a 4th set against Medvedev

Frenchie after Frenchie…

Happy for Cornet. Definitely want her to win next round. 

Maxime is going to be tough at Wimbledon. It is interesting seeing how far back Medvedev is playing. On a smaller court, he would be in the 3rd row of the stands. 

Medvedev getting perturbed. Chressy double-faulting.

Both guys have Size 15 shoes.

Edited by Napoleon

I agree with the lady (Renee Stubbs) that a soft underarm serve with Medvedev 30+ feet from the back of the service line would keep him on his toes. 
—————————-

Medvedev has the serve to serve & volley if he wanted. 

Edited by Napoleon

Swiatek is more powerful, so Sorana has to be more precise.  The past year or two, Sorana has raised her game, but the deeper in the draw she goes the more lightning she encounters.  Precision is great but it doesn't beat top flight power.  Swiatek is a decade younger and has lightning.  Hope Sorana regains her mojo in the third.

Edited by cafe society

I just have no interest in Monfils anymore.  He is a big hitter but can’t ever be consistent.  Berrettini should win that one.  I would love for Rafa to win this AO to really piss people, but I think he loses in the final.

I am backing Keys to win this and as a result she’ll lose the next match.

2 hours ago, Hefeweizen said:

I just have no interest in Monfils anymore.  He is a big hitter but can’t ever be consistent.  Berrettini should win that one.  I would love for Rafa to win this AO to really piss people, but I think he loses in the final.

I am backing Keys to win this and as a result she’ll lose the next match.

1) Monfils is possibly playing even better than he was before the lockdown, and he was arguably having the best year of his career in the first quarter of 2020.

I’m all in on Monfils. 

2) People would absolutely love it if Rafa won #21. Rafa has the biggest following of all tennis players with tennis fans under 55 years of age. (My guess from message boards and stadium reactions.)

3) Madison Keys has been wearing what appeared to be a t-shirt in the first 4 rounds and now she’s wearing a dress in the quarterfinals. Krejcikova is wearing a tank-top & shorts. Comfort over Fashion… and not a big kit sponsor. 

Madison’s backhand down the line is working in these first two games. 

Patrick McEnroe has picked Krejcikova to win this match. The ESPN2 ladies were not pleased with that pick.