Outdoor Furniture that Doesn't Suck

What did you buy for your backyard, patio, pool area, etc?  I got some Polywood adirondack chairs for my firepit area, but still haven't found the right table and chairs set or couch/sectional.  Need something that won't rust and fall apart every 3 years.  Any brands you like?  I'll hang up and listen. 

I got tired of buying new sun loungers that fell apart every few years so I got current set from Costco where you can return them if they rust/fall apart. 4 years later - still no issues with the quality...

7 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

What did you buy for your backyard, patio, pool area, etc?  I got some Polywood adirondack chairs for my firepit area, but still haven't found the right table and chairs set or couch/sectional.  Need something that won't rust and fall apart every 3 years.  Any brands you like?  I'll hang up and listen. 

I'm about to be in the same situation. How do you like the Polywood stuff? Any reason you didn't use their offerings for the rest of your setup?

5 hours ago, Da Fino said:

I'm about to be in the same situation. How do you like the Polywood stuff? Any reason you didn't use their offerings for the rest of your setup?

I only have 1 chair so far, because they have a bit of a wait time on shipping stuff. I bought the chairs and a couple of chaise lounge chairs for around the pool. I have no issues with it, and I would probably buy a big table for the covered patio area if it was up to me, but my wife doesn't like their style for that stuff.  

I got these chairs:  https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/polywood-reg-nautical-curveback-adirondack-chair/5700924?mcid=EM_triggeredem_rolling_orderconfirm_allpromos

Bed Bath and Beyond does have some Polywood stuff, and you can use 20% off coupons or buy their membership.  I was able to get each chair for $285 with tax and free shipping. Same with the loungers, so all 6 were 20% off, which is cheaper than the main Polywood site if you're looking for stuff.  They don't have the full list of selections available though. 

26 minutes ago, After irth said:

Full Polywood set here.  Couch, loveseat, chairs, ottomans, and tables.  Heavy as shit, never rusting.  Love the Sunbrella cushions.  Easy to clean and maintain.  Whole set is 3 years old and maintenance free so far.

Are those the cushions that come with the Polywood furniture?  We read a lot of reviews that people didn't like the cushions for a lot of different reasons.  They look fine to me in the images.  

2 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

Are those the cushions that come with the Polywood furniture?  We read a lot of reviews that people didn't like the cushions for a lot of different reasons.  They look fine to me in the images.  

Sunbrella-brand cushions came with my set, and they’ve been the best cushions (including other Sunbrella ones) I’ve ever had. Heavy duty fabric, very sturdy filling. 

• Hook 'Em 2

15 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

I only have 1 chair so far, because they have a bit of a wait time on shipping stuff

Home Depot and Amazon both also carry Polywood. I bought some Adirondacks and a a pair of chaise lounges just a couple weeks ago and had them all within a couple days.  Chairs from HD, chaise from Amazon.   Good call on Bed Bath and Beyond with the 20% coupons.  The HD selection has different model names so that it sounds like they are specially made just for them, but if you compare the details with the Polywood site it’s easy to see what model it really is.   

I love the Adirondack chairs.  I agree with many reviewers that the arms on the chaise lounge are too low, but I’d still rather have it than something wood, metal, or wicker.  Also, you really need cushions on the chaise.  The Polywood is kind of slick and you’ll slide down it without one. I got thin cushions on Amazon so they won’t hold as much water when they inevitably get soaked.   If I sat in the chaise lounge every day I’d probably get something with a little more shape to it and more comfort. I really only bought them because I felt obligated to provide them for guests at the pool. I am either on a pool float or in the Adirondack myself.  

Edited by Your Mom

We got a set from Outer last year and then bought more.  We love it. It's well built and comfortable.   We have it in an area that is not covered, so the little flaps that we can easily pull up to cover the cushions on a temporary basis (without getting the full covers on) are really great.

4 hours ago, DFWTexEx said:

We got a set from Outer last year and then bought more.  We love it. It's well built and comfortable.   We have it in an area that is not covered, so the little flaps that we can easily pull up to cover the cushions on a temporary basis (without getting the full covers on) are really great.

I was looking at them because they popped up on Facebook, but their prices are insane. I also don't want aluminum frames because it will eventually rust. I would hope they are good quality when even a single chair is 1k+

My wife wants a West Elm table for 6-8 people, and some cheaper chairs to put around it.  I'll post what we get if we lock in something. 

• Hook 'Em 1

We got lucky and found some vintage Russell Woodard Sculptura for $250.00. It was in great shape, but it’s a keeper so we had it freshly powder coated. Good for another 55 years. 9d7e9ace1e0049982dc34490f4b88126.jpg
Buy some cheap cushions every year or so.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, TexPx said:

We got lucky and found some vintage Russell Woodard Sculptura for $250.00. It was in great shape, but it’s a keeper so we had it freshly powder coated. Good for another 55 years. 9d7e9ace1e0049982dc34490f4b88126.jpg
Buy some cheap cushions every year or so.

I have similar higher end iron that I got in 2000 from an outdoor store on Airport. Replacing the cushions evry two years is perfect. After 20+ I need to powdercoat them for the next 20 years

• Like 1

I have similar higher end iron that I got in 2000 from an outdoor store on Airport. Replacing the cushions evry two years is perfect. After 20+ I need to powdercoat them for the next 20 years

Yeah, vintage Woodard stuff is getting hard to find at a decent price. You can usually find a good deal on vintage Salterini.