Jump to content

Solo: A Star Wars Story


Recommended Posts

Yeah Clone Wars and Rebels(heck the first clip is from probably best non movie storyline they had...Twilight of the Apprentice was a amazing) really have some good shit outside the movies that can even affect the movies.

And Resistance is closing in after last night's episode.  Resistance took the Rebels route of starting off very light hearted and getting a bit deep by the end of the first season.

Edited by Drew
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Drew said:

Yeah Clone Wars and Rebels(heck the first clip is from probably best non movie storyline they had...Twilight of the Apprentice was a amazing) really have some good shit outside the movies that can even affect the movies.

And Resistance is closing in after last night's episode.  Resistance took the Rebels route of starting off very light hearted and getting a bit deep by the end of the first season.

Oooh... I need to check that out. Didn't realize the series had begun already.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Rogue One is probably my second favorite Star Wars. Empire of course is first. I love Return of the Jedi, but watching it as an adult, the Ewoks are just silly. 

Thanks for posting the Solo Review @Buzzrock. The Roger Ebert 2001 analogy was perfect. 2001 is one my favorite movies, and Roger Ebert was the greatest film critic of all time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Rogue One is probably my second favorite Star Wars. Empire of course is first. I love Return of the Jedi, but watching it as an adult, the Ewoks are just silly. 

Thanks for posting the Solo Review @Buzzrock. The Roger Ebert 2001 analogy was perfect. 2001 is one my favorite movies, and Roger Ebert was the greatest film critic of all time. 

Uh-oh...to the top of Mulletpellini's shit list.

 

16 hours ago, Rimbo said:

Oooh... I need to check that out. Didn't realize the series had begun already.

Yeah next Sunday is the season finale.  It has the same issues Rebels did...some very kid friendly world building the first 10 episodes or so, and then from about Episode 12 on it takes off.  The last 4-5 episodes have been really good and tie into The Force Awakens pretty well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Drew said:

Uh-oh...to the top of Mulletpellini's shit list.

 

Yeah next Sunday is the season finale.  It has the same issues Rebels did...some very kid friendly world building the first 10 episodes or so, and then from about Episode 12 on it takes off.  The last 4-5 episodes have been really good and tie into The Force Awakens pretty well.

Yeah, that's pretty standard for Filoni. His Clone Wars took two whole seasons to get good. But when they got good... damn does he ever do great things! The whole Ashoka/Barris story arc is some of the greatest Star Wars universe stuff ever. And they make the prequels better by filling out the universe and giving the story gravitas that the movies needed.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

√ó
√ó
  • Create New...