The Challenge: Final Reckoning - Premieres July 10th

Goo Punch

Never liked Ashley. Never will. She and all the lavender hos are bitches.

Feel so bad for Natalie and Paulie. They competed their asses off just to get back in the house bad if not for Natalie getting lost(girl was so focused she missed the turn?!?) they win and deservedly so.

Not sure why people like players screwing over their partners. Sure it’s great drama and I don’t TYB, but that was hard to watch.

That compilation of the shit he told her was equally hard to watch. He's a bitch, and I am hopeful he won't come back anymore. What show was he even on originally?

They’re both bitches. I have no doubt he would have split the money. Even after all the stuff he said he still said she would only cost him half a million. He always planned to split.

Not that I have any idea how they calculated individual times, but Hunter should have beat her if he wanted to control the payout. It was always part of the game. Maybe he should have done a better job repairing their relationship if he wanted a certainty of Ashley splitting the money. He talks a big game, always thought he was carrying the team, and it bit him in the ass because he couldn't beat Ashley. Ashley!

I have no sympathy for him. 

20 minutes ago, Tired of Lurking said:

That compilation of the shit he told her was equally hard to watch. He's a bitch, and I am hopeful he won't come back anymore. What show was he even on originally?

they are both horrible people, but I fucking guarantee Ashley said all kinds of shit that was equally as harsh about his "redneck ass", but MTV wants to show the mean man narrative revenge.   She failed so often with him carrying her. 

But lets be honest, other than MAYBE Cara and Natalie, everyone was taking the money.  Its a half million dollars more to say "i keep it"

I am not surprised at all that Ashley took it....  she could have just said, "im keeping the money" and I would have thought, well done.  instead she went the #metoo route. Ashley even used the phrase "slut shaming"  holy fuck....

Edited by AUS-97HORN
  • Like 1

and as for the final itself.... this was one of the easiest weakest ones in at least 10 years.

The winners basically only competed for 69 actual minutes  -the standing on the ladder thing for 6 hours was kinda stupid because other than the time penalty, it didnt actually count towards competition time. 

5-6 seasons ago it took THREE DAYS, and the teams had to swim and kayak a river, and  run up a fucking 9,000 foot mountain. 

There was a season where everyone had to run 3 miles around an old CIA station  in Berlin about 5 times and then  they had to go up and down 6 stories  something like 10 more times, that was just to end the day of Day 1. and then they had to stand all night in a circle on a subway platform.... before running all over town to finish in the stadium the next day.

Edited by AUS-97HORN

Natalie cost 3 seperate people 500k

Can't slut shame a slut, you are a slut Ashley

Why did Joss get down before Hunter?  Make them get down before you, you win

Hunter deserved it more than Ashley he housed all the food which gave them +9, +11, and +13 minutes vs the other 3, that was by far the difference

How the fuck do you get that fucking lost... Marie is a moron and barely runs and figured it out

ashley is a terrible person

hunter outperformed ashley and is the reason they won with his dominant eating performance. can't really fathom how they calculated that she did better than he did.

what cara said is 100% spot on. joss and silvia bones themselves when they volunteered to go down before their direct competition in a final. it was funny that ashely said, "this isn't big brother" because that played out exactly like bb with the negotiations and back stabbing. 

funny how sylvia's lavender lady bff throwing a grenada at her unprovoked  gets forgiven/forgotten in a flash, yet they act like paulie and cara shot their dog. 

• Like 2

Someone said they ended up being 20 minutes behind so she probably stayed on that trail for 5-7 minutes. Guessing there's a dead end or wrong way sign at some point, wish the camera had caught her point of realization.

Why did Ashley have to answer to Hunter about who she chose to sleep with, again? He didn't think she was a slut when he was trying to fuck her.

The only timing difference I could figure was the run.  Eating was the same, standing on the platform was the same, walking across coals were the same.  So the only difference in the intrasquad competition was the run, which would have made it way more interesting if they told them that.

7 minutes ago, UTPhil2006 said:

The only timing difference I could figure was the run.  Eating was the same, standing on the platform was the same, walking across coals were the same.  So the only difference in the intrasquad competition was the run, which would have made it way more interesting if they told them that.

Funny thing is that Paulie was the only one who took the chance to stretch his lead over his partner (Joss stayed back with Sylvia, Hunter with Ashley) and she ended up getting lost and it screwed them in the end. That kid is gonna be the new challenge whore, and I like his chances to win quicker than any of the TYB fucks.

Just now, Tired of Lurking said:

Funny thing is that Paulie was the only one who took the chance to stretch his lead over his partner (Joss stayed back with Sylvia, Hunter with Ashley) and she ended up getting lost and it screwed them in the end. That kid is gonna be the new challenge whore, and I like his chances to win quicker than any of the TYB fucks.

Agreed.  I'm guessing that he's filming right now for a new one, haven't seen or heard from him in a few weeks.

1 minute ago, Tired of Lurking said:

Something that may have contributed to the timing thing was the ladder, Also how the hell was he not hurt after that fall? That shit looked painful and was about 20 feet.

How did the bungee or cord that was attached not catch him?  Otherwise, what was the point of it?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, UTPhil2006 said:

Hunter deserved it more than Ashley he housed all the food which gave them +9, +11, and +13 minutes vs the other 3, that was by far the difference

yeah I was thinking about pointing this out last night but forgot.   I am pretty sure the production team viewed that eating challenge as a "true team" event- meaning both players from the team got the exact same time point.  

Which in retrospect is total fucking bullshit.    Every other part of the finale was time based to the second depending on how you finished... so why the fuck is the one event that in theory ONE PERSON could complete it for the team doesnt fucking give the person who did the most at least some credit for it.

Its almost like production said  'lets have an eating challenge", and forgot that it should be an individually timed event.

The crazy part is they could have fixed that up to the moment before they started the eating challenge by saying  whichever team member of the winning team ate more plates of food, they got a 5 second bonus per extra plate.   Hunter ate something like 20 of those plates... meaning he would have won by 8 plates..... or 40 seconds...... in short, he would have won the money.

Thats a massive, massive fuckup by production.

The Challenge needs to get away from so many damn timed competitions, especially in the final. What makes competition great is watching people actually compete head to head and the tension that comes from that.

It'd be like broadcasting a football game, only showing 5 minutes from each quarter, and never showing the score until the teams are off the field.

18 hours ago, spystud13 said:

Would be interested to know how Smashley learned of the slut comment. Did she overhear in the next room, someone repeat it to her, etc? 

I think some of the LLs were hiding around a corner listening.  At least that's the way they made it look last night when they showed it

• Like 1

back when hulu had a ton of seasons my buddy and i binge watched all of them, except for diem's last season, the one where she got sick and had to leave. we stopped in the middle of that episode and moved on to the next season. all of the other seasons with her in them were already really tough for the reason you mentioned: hearing diem talking about all of her future plans made me cry every single time. it's hard to think about even now. 

25 minutes ago, Tired of Lurking said:

That was hard to watch, mostly due to everyone screaming over each other. I'd rather just watch unseen, uncensored footage.

I agree 100%.

I probably spent 15 minutes total watching it after FF through women just screaming at each other.

The old reunions (mostly) calmly rehashed stuff, and showed unseen footage. It seem like the past 4-5 seasons it's just been a chance for people to scream and audition for the next season.