The Challenge: Final Reckoning - Premieres July 10th

Goo Punch

On 11/8/2018 at 11:28 AM, Tired of Lurking said:

Rachel, Evelyn, Emily, Veronica, and Laurel are first ballot. Sarah, Susie, Jody, Cara Marie, and Paula are on the outside.

I'm going to amend this. Place Veronica on the outside looking in, and add Ruthie to first ballot. Totally forgot how great she was.

Also, holy fuck this phone was an actual prize in season six.

imgur

From the looks of how that game works Paulie’s team or Caras should win. Bananas Caras and Paulie’s teams team up to pick one of hunter or Joss’ teams to keep advancing until out, then do the other team, meanwhile those 2 teams are gonna go after Bananas and Tony each leaving Paulie’s and Caras team to win. 

On 11/9/2018 at 3:45 PM, spystud13 said:

I was actually trying to think of Ruthie yesterday. Could picture exactly who she was, but could not fucking remember her name. 

That name sounds familiar but I can't remember anything about her.  I don't think she's HOF worthy anyway.   4 Challenges, 1 final, no wins, and a 1-2 record in eliminations.  

https://thechallenge.fandom.com/wiki/Ruthie_Alcaide

59 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

That name sounds familiar but I can't remember anything about her.  I don't think she's HOF worthy anyway.   4 Challenges, 1 final, no wins, and a 1-2 record in eliminations.  

https://thechallenge.fandom.com/wiki/Ruthie_Alcaide

she was the raging, RAGING alkie from Hawaii.  If I remember correctly, they had to have an intervention for her on the show, and "convinced" / kicked her out to enroll in rehab.

Yeah it was a snap judgement after seeing her destroying in individual challenges on season 6 but the girls were such shitty competitors back then. Her overall record isn't that great.

Back to this episode--
Holy shit, Natalie. Major props. I like Cara Marie the most of anyone left (and it's not close) but I'm rooting for Paulie and Natalie. That was a ballsy move to vote Tony&Nanas and an even better performance in the challenge. Paulie even beat Tony in their portion. I don't wanna see anyone screw their partner if they win so I'm hoping they pull it off. Paulie seems to have decent endurance and really good balance/agility so there should be some games that they have the advantage. Turned out to be a really good season.

9 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

she was the raging, RAGING alkie from Hawaii.  If I remember correctly, they had to have an intervention for her on the show, and "convinced" / kicked her out to enroll in rehab.

I heard she stole a golf cart and struck one of the producers in a drunken rage. Insurance wouldn’t cover her anymore so that’s why she can’t be back on the show. 

Someone posted on Twitter that they originally had a different elimination between Tony/Bananas and Natalie/Paulie that Tony/Bananas was winning but they cancelled it halfway through and brought them back out a couple days later with the eating/holding arms up challenge that they lost.  Bananas was liking all the posts.  Not sure I believe it, as I would think MTV wants Bananas in all the finals.  I'll see if I can find the tweets.

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 8:57 PM, spystud13 said:

And she’s a tough bitch too, over 5.5 hours. Holy shit. 

And she wasn't wavering at all.  I was totally impressed with that elimination.  Both things for the partners were tailor fucking made for Tony(eating/drinking shit), and Bananas(stubborn/physical challenge) and both Paulie and Natalie outperformed them...add to that the fact that they were in the Redemption house for 80% of the season and had to fight back, and it was super impressive.

Also I hate the "screw your partner" aspect.  Been done, and will be done again.  I don't think Paulie or Nat would screw the other.  I don't think Cara Marie and Marie would either.  I think Sylvia might screw Joss, but I don't think Joss would screw Sylvia.  I don't think Hunter would screw Ashley either.

But I DO think Ashley would fuck over Hunter and not even think twice about it.  I hope to god she doesn't win.  Which means I'm going to unhappy.

6 minutes ago, DanRydell said:

I wouldn’t mind if they did a prisoner’s dilemma deal but yeah, just letting one person steal the money was stupid the first time.

if Bananas and Tony had made the final 4, that bit of news would have absolutely tanked those 2.  because DUH he had already fucked over Sarah once, he sure as fuck would have done it to Tony as well, and Tony knew that, so Tony would have fucked over Bananas as payback..... and since they both knew that, they probably would have been shooting for 2nd place where they couldnt fuck each other over.

as for who will split the money, i think Paulie and Natalie would to each other, no matter who made the choice.  And i also believe CaraMarie would split it with Marie because she already won earlier this year and wouldnt mind splitting another 500k.    But I strongly think Marie will take the money if given the choice.

its obvious that Ashley & Hunter will fuck each other over- they cant stand each other. 

and I really am not sure about Joss being a nice guy.... I think he takes the money, and I think if sylvia won, she would split it because, well, shes not that smart.

3 minutes ago, spystud13 said:

Huh? Second supposedly doesn’t pay a dime, correct? 

I admit to not paying heavy attention this year, but I assumed the standard tiny amounts for 2nd and 3rd would still be paid out....  $30k for 3rd and $75k give or take for 2nd.  When TJ said only 1st could take it all or split it, I thought that assumed something for  2nd & 3rd being paid, but I guess it could be understood that its first or nothing.

If its literally $1Mil or busto, this is totally a bullshit season. 

17 hours ago, spystud13 said:

The one thing that struck me as odd was why were the cookies just normal cookies? If you're gonna have some fucked up milk, the cookies should be made of seaweed or some shit too. Could add credence to the thrown together theory. 

It was also poorly planned, which also adds credence.  On the challenge where they had to make the rope ladder up in the air and TJ was yelling at Cara Maria and Marie for not being able to get one loop in, they showed a clip of production assistants trying it.  So obviously they test out all of the planned challenges.  For the Tony/Bananas & Paulie/Natalie challenge, the eating portion was pointless.  It's hard to tell how long it took them to eat everything, but it couldn't have been more than 30-60 minutes, so it really made no difference who was first.  The whole challenge was Bananas vs Natalie.  You would think if they had properly tested that challenge they would know the eating part meant nothing.

16 hours ago, Drew said:

And she wasn't wavering at all.  I was totally impressed with that elimination.  Both things for the partners were tailor fucking made for Tony(eating/drinking shit), and Bananas(stubborn/physical challenge) and both Paulie and Natalie outperformed them...add to that the fact that they were in the Redemption house for 80% of the season and had to fight back, and it was super impressive.

Also I hate the "screw your partner" aspect.  Been done, and will be done again.  I don't think Paulie or Nat would screw the other.  I don't think Cara Marie and Marie would either.  I think Sylvia might screw Joss, but I don't think Joss would screw Sylvia.  I don't think Hunter would screw Ashley either.

But I DO think Ashley would fuck over Hunter and not even think twice about it.  I hope to god she doesn't win.  Which means I'm going to unhappy.

Have to agree that was some major shit by Natalie. Unreal. 

I also agree the screw your partner thing is stupid. And if they were going to do it again don't announce it before the the finale is even run. Do it at the last minute like they did when Bananas screwed Sara. 

But they shouldn't do it anyway as it is no longer shocking and what Bananas did will never be topped even if someone does it again.