I may drive to Omaha

Tailgate

May leave as early as Thursday morning....pm me if you have beer/gas money and want to experience the best time of your life.

I’ve never been...so need one Hans solo who knows wth is going on.

I’ll cover hotel and tickets...

Life’s too short...this team is going deep in Omaha.

I used to drive it every year before my back went bad.  It's 13 hours from Austin, so you can do it in a day.  And you can really fly between Wichita and Topeka.

BTW, your big problem now is going to be finding a hotel within an hour of Omaha for that first weekend.

Edited by Beau Vine

I used to drive it every year before my back went bad.  It's 13 hours from Austin, so you can do it in a day.  And you can really fly between Wichita and Topeka.

BTW, your big problem now is going to be finding a hotel within an hour of Omaha for that first weekend.

I’ve got a hotel booked

I went for the 1st weekend in 2003 & 2004.  I was in grad school then but worked in a research lab.  I rented a car and we left after I got out of work that day.  Like 5pm.  Drove through the night.  Slept in a McDonald's parking lot in Kansas.  Made it to Omaha in time to check in our hotel, grab a styrofoam cooler and beers and make it for Texas' opening game against Miami. Which we won.  Then hit up Council Bluffs for gambling.

Good times.

We made it to the 1st game the next day (no Texas) and then left after it and drove home. I think we got home Sunday night around 2am.  I remember listening to WOAI and the Spurs beat the Nets that night for their 2nd NBA Title... 

I'm sure the rental car company was shocked since we drove from Austin to Omaha and only had the rental from 5pm on Friday to when they opened on Monday morning. We put over 1700 miles in a weekend.

In 2004 I had gradated from grad school so we could afford to fly.  But we flew to Kansas City and rented a car from there.  We booked last second with a Southwest voucher back when you could buy vouchers from people (since we booked last minute we had to go Southwest). But SWA didn't have an Austin to Omaha flight back then.

Rosenblatt was a treasure.  I want to take my oldest to CWS but work is crazy right now.  Sombitch.